Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Passenger Trains > Pullman Rail Journeys Special

Date: 08/24/14 17:25
Pullman Rail Journeys Special
Author: sethamtrak

Here is a quick video from on-board the PRJ Special to Mazomanie and Spring Green, WI between Friday August 22nd at 7:30PM and Sunday morning August 24th at *;45. I have attempted to capture the essence of the trip in a short amount of time. I will upload an extended version to my YouTube channel maybe Monday or Tuesday which doesn't have a time or size limit. I hope this becomes the Video of the day!

www.youtube.com/sethamtrak

SLRG 515
SLRG 518
Sunset Harbor
Chebanse
Baton Rouge
Summit View or SLRG 54
Belleville (Silver Quail)
Pontchartrain Club

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/14 17:26 by sethamtrak.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/25/14 07:44
Re: Pullman Rail Journeys Special
Author: Latebeans

An excellent job of depicting a most impressive train. About 1960 or so our family were traveling by car through central Illinois. I had a pretty good idea of all the passenger train schedules and I talked my father into detouring via the Illinois Central depot in Champaign (not too difficult as my father liked trains too). The southbound City of New Orleans came in right on the money. I didn't have a camera but I can still picture it well, fourteen cars with E units up front and a observation car on the rear, all perfectly matched. Even my mother was impressed and commented on the nice looking train. Anyone know if there are any more junkets since has this in the offing? My wife and I well be riding northbound on the Pullman service out of New Orleans in October.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.3108 seconds