Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Passenger Trains > American View Into Seattle

Date: 08/30/14 10:41
American View Into Seattle
Author: walstib

Amtrak track inspection car American View and two BNSF biz cars are on #7 into Seattle today.

I just caught them in Skykomish, running about an hour late. Thanks to whoever posted the heads up a couple of days ago in Minnesota.

American View is a converted Viewliner. I believe this trip is the first time the car has gone this far west. Can anybody confirm or deny that?

I'm not sure where Anerican View is going after Seattle, but any intelligence would be appreciated.

There were at least three guys seated in the gallery on the American View. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/30/14 11:31
Re: American View Into Seattle
Author: rww

This is the 2nd trip west to Seattle as it also went west in July. It is a very nice observation/inspection car. Amtrak and BNSF officers are on board. It goes south on No. 11 on Sep 1 and then east on No. 2 on Sep 3. BNSF cars deadhead home to Topeka, KS on No. 8 and No. 3 departing Seattle tomorrow.

rww

Date: 08/30/14 12:22

Great, thanks for the info.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/30/14 12:39
New Double Track
Author: NewRiverGeorge

Evidently some more major sections of double tracking in North Dakota and Washington have been completed and brought on line in August. Empire Builder lateness has "improved" 300% during the past couple of weeks (even though it is still running 5 hours slower than prior to the oil boom.

Just a guess, but the inspection may be to see how much more the Builder's schedule needs to be tinkered with in upcoming timetable revisions.

Date: 08/30/14 18:10
Re: New Double Track
Author: Pacific5th

I have seen number 7 into Spokane around midnight-1AM over the last few days. That is a 5-6 hour improvement from most of this summer.

Date: 08/30/14 23:49
Author: kgrr

Brian,
It was nice meeting you briefly this morning before the Amtrak #7 finally came through Skykomish. I look forward to seeing your photos.

Konrad

Date: 08/31/14 10:20

Nice meeting you, too, Konrad.

Sorry I didn't make it by the museum, but by the time I finished breakfast it was raining pretty good and I wanted to get on the road. I ended up having the train wreck for breakfast.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/31/14 20:35
Author: kgrr

Brian and all...

Amtrak track inspection car American View must have gone a different way in Seattle. The two business cars Snoqualmie Pass and Topeka were tacked on the back of the Empire builder through Skykomish today at 3:40 PM headed to Chicago.

We'll meet again down the track.

Konrad

Date: 08/31/14 22:39
Author: The_Chief_Way

if you're looking for the Amtrak car just reread the post above
its headed south

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds