Home Open Account Help 265 users online

Passenger Trains > NJ Transit to get more "Sandy" funds

Date: 09/18/14 04:10
NJ Transit to get more "Sandy" funds
Author: Lackawanna484

NJ appears to have received nearly half of a federal grant to "harden" critical infrastructure.

NorthJersey.com

>>NJ Transit will receive $1.27 billion from the federal government for five projects that will help the agency recover from damage caused by Superstorm Sandy in 2012 and prepare for future storms, according to Governor Christie's office. The money from the Federal Transit Administration will be used for five projects that will help NJ Transit prepare for weather emergencies, including new and expanded rail yards to park trains during floods. <<

The funding appears to be aimed at the improvements to County yard in New Brunswick, adding more track capacity in Hoboken by filling in Long Slip, and the new facility in Linden among other efforts. I stopped down there last week, and it didn't look like anything significant had been done on the Linden site. There's a lot of visible work at County. I understand there are plans to elevate some electric and signal plants, too.

See more at: <http://www.northjersey.com/news/njtransit-gets-1-27-billion-in-federal-funds-to-speed-recovery-from-superstorm-sandy-1.1090071#sthash.s5IOBv3p.dpuf&gt;

Date: 09/18/14 06:03
Re: NJ Transit to get more "Sandy" funds
Author: joemvcnj

I hope filling in that slip does not have other geological ramifications, i.e. spreading the displaced water elsewhere.

Date: 09/18/14 06:33
Author: Lackawanna484

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope filling in that slip does not have other
> geological ramifications, i.e. spreading the
> displaced water elsewhere.

I'd be more concerned the bodies and cement overshoes at the bottom of the canal...

Date: 09/18/14 12:22
Author: Jishnu

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> joemvcnj Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I hope filling in that slip does not have other
> > geological ramifications, i.e. spreading the
> > displaced water elsewhere.
>
> I'd be more concerned the bodies and cement
> overshoes at the bottom of the canal...

They are not dredging it. They are filling it! What lies at the bottom shall continue to lie in peace at the bottom LOL!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0433 seconds