Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Passenger Trains > Trip Report Spokane-Seattle RT, 9-18

Date: 09/19/14 10:22
Trip Report Spokane-Seattle RT, 9-18
Author: Pioneer2526

I decided to treat myself to a trip for my 50th. My childhood friend Robbie boarded #7 on time, was met be the conductor in the station and boarded into room #9, 32075 a S2 sleeper that was still in its original interior but in great shape, smooth ride. Breakfast was wonderful, they had everything on the Menu. After Breakfast our attendant, Patrick moved us to room #8, so we could see Puget Sound south of Everett, arrived into SEA about 30 minutes late due to congestion in the Cascade tunnel.Upon arrival Patrick showed us a great place to have lunch, across the street. Could not have been a better trip. Sadly I was informed that Isaac Rayfield, a long time Seattle Amtrak Employee had recently passed away. He worked mostly the sleepers, for over 30 years, A true gentlemen.The return trip was just as nice, arriving into Spokane one hour early !

Date: 09/19/14 12:18
Re: Trip Report Spokane-Seattle RT, 9-18
Author: Mudrock

Isaac was such a pleasure to have work for me when he was my Sleeping Attendant, RIP my dear friend.

Chris

Date: 09/19/14 18:07
Re: Trip Report Spokane-Seattle RT, 9-18
Author: RetiredGal9

Patrick was my attendant in April. He was excellent, hard-working and personable.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds