Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Passenger Trains > "Another Fine Day in Chicagoland..."

Date: 09/19/14 17:00
"Another Fine Day in Chicagoland..."
Author: aussiehinz

Some passenger action around the city and surrounds, on a clear, breezy, late summer day...

Cheers,

aussiehinz

1. Phase I #156 leads a five hour plus late Amtrak Train #49, the "Lake Shore Limited," as it negotiates a reverse curve in Whiting IN dating to the Penn Central era. This is the location where the NS Chicago Line shifts from its ex NYC alignment to that of the ex PRR as it approaches southeastern Chicago.

2. A couple of hours later, the same train performs its equipment turning maneuver at 18th Street.

3. #49, backing through the car washer, as #371, the "Pere Marquette," (left) heads for Grand Rapids.

Date: 09/19/14 17:00
Re: "Another Fine Day in Chicagoland..."
Author: aussiehinz

4. Amtrak Train #5, the "California Zephyr," heads west at "MH" Tower behind three units this afternoon. The train has an enlarged consist, with a handful of Amtrak low-level cars and two Iowa Pacific domes.

5. A view of the two I-P full length domes riding the rear end of #5.dom

6. Amtrak #6 also had PV's today, as the two matched Patrick Henry cars turned in front of "MH" after returning to Chicago from a trip to the West Coast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/14 17:06 by aussiehinz.

Date: 09/19/14 17:03
Author: joemvcnj

Amfleet-1 dinette is on 449 section. Must have stolen it from the Northeast Regional pool.

Date: 09/19/14 21:52
Author: mp51w

That triple P42 shot actually makes those engines look good! You're amazing Mark!

Date: 09/20/14 15:47
Author: BruceStikkers

This summer I have seen a number of Northeast Regional Pool cars running on the lines south out of Chicago. I don't know the story why, but have observed them.

Bruce Stikkers
St. Joseph, IL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0611 seconds