Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Passenger Trains > AAPRCO at Owego, NY

Date: 09/19/14 17:15
AAPRCO at Owego, NY
Author: nkp759

Here's a video of the AAPRCO special with 26 cars passing Owego, NY at 5:55 pm on the NS Southern Tier line.

It's almost to (sunny!) Binghamton where it will stay overnight before heading north on the NYS&W.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/19/14 19:09
Re: AAPRCO at Owego, NY
Author: biff

Seeing this video wont encode and I tried 4 times earlier this afternoon/evening to also load a video of this train and it never finished encoding I think there is a problem on TRAINORDERS. There is another video on the Steam board that is still encoding after over an hour. Hopefully it is something that can be resolved easily.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/14 19:10 by biff.

Date: 09/19/14 19:43
Author: webmaster

Sorry about the delay. We contract out the video processing to a third party encoding company that handles all the backend processing. Their system was down for six hours today, but is back now. They are working through the backlog of videos from all their customers.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 09/20/14 01:54
Author: JPB

Excellent video! I hope to see this train Sunday AM on Pan Am assuming it gets out of E Deerfield in good order at the crack of dawn. Out of curiosity, what train was in the siding?

Date: 09/20/14 05:31
Author: jkh2cpu

If there was ever a case for double-headed 4-8-4s, this is clearly it.

Nice catch!

John.

Date: 09/20/14 07:38
Author: ClubCar

Nice Video; thanks for posting for us to view. I counted 26 passenger cars and that's really great to see all those private cars in operation.

Date: 09/20/14 07:57
Author: nkp759

John, the train in the siding was 38T with its typical power of two CP units. It was there for over 4 hours and had a crew change during that time. After the special went east the dispatcher continued to hold it for a westbound out of Binghamton, 12T I believe.

Date: 09/20/14 10:32
Author: easternrailvideos

nkp759 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's a video of the AAPRCO special with 26 cars
> passing Owego, NY at 5:55 pm on the NS Southern
> Tier line.
>
> It's almost to (sunny!) Binghamton where it will
> stay overnight before heading north on the NYS&W.

I heard about that train, i know people in the Elmira area. What a train it was. Video I seen showed 24 cars, the person got them at Hornell.

Date: 09/20/14 13:56
Author: Phil1

The Buffalo News even had 2 color shots of this train ,one showing the last car. Any passenger type of movement with this many cars in its consist is so rare that a newspaper came out to see it. It was Saturdays' paper on A-10 ,the picture page ,and more is on galleries.buffalonews.com also.

Phil Blommendahl
Getzville, NY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.048 seconds