Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Passenger Trains > Almost pulled it off

Date: 09/19/14 21:11
Almost pulled it off
Author: atsf121

I went to get some pictures of a Loram grinder we've seen the past few days (posted on Western board below) and while I was at it I decided I should get some sunset pictures of the Frontrunner near the American Fork, UT station with Mt. Timpanogos in the background. I couldn't remember what the current schedule was, so I was hoping that I would get to see the north & southbound trains pass at the station. Turns out that they pass at the next station to the north, Lehi. So I had to hurry and grab a shot of the northbound as it headed off into the sunset. And then when I moved up to the highway bridge to wait for the southbound after getting my pictures of the Loram unit, I watched the sunlight slowly move up the mountain, but still faster than I hoped. So only the top of the mountain was lit by the time the southbound came through. Oh well, at least the weather was perfect for late summer evening (though I guess it's fall based on the leaves up in the mountains). Even my wife liked a few of the pictures I brought back, even if there were some trains in them. :) And one of these days I'll final learn how to really use our DSLR camera so the images come out a little sharper.

1 - Northbound Frontrunner headed to it's next stop in Lehi (where it will pass the southbound, unfortunately, ruining my plans) with the sun setting behind the Oquirrh mountains.
2 & 3 - Southbound Frontrunner approaching it's stop at American Fork station just out of view to the right, with Mt. Timpanogos and the last remaining sunlight of the day touching the top

Nathan

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3526612

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/14 21:12 by atsf121.

Date: 09/20/14 10:04
Re: Almost pulled it off
Author: Torisgod

WOW...Those photos are SPECTACULAR. I especially like #2. It could be titled "Even amidst extraordinary scenery, ordinary life goes on."

Tor in Eugene

Date: 09/22/14 08:44
Re: Almost pulled it off
Author: atsf121

Thanks Tor, it is a very pretty place to live, even if this old California boy just about freezes every February. :)

Nathan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0825 seconds