Home Open Account Help 402 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak 189 & 145 ...I got lucky

Date: 09/23/14 17:02
Amtrak 189 & 145 ...I got lucky
Author: biff

This was a first for me, catching Amtrak 189, The Big Game Train unit on train 64 and eight minutes later catching Amtrak heritage 145 leading train 48. I've seen all the special Amtrak units before but never two on the same day let alone a few minutes apart. Both were eastbound passing through Bergen NY, 20 miles west of Rochester. Both trains were running slow due to track work. Train 64 was running about an hour late and 48 was five hours behind schedule.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/24/14 08:52
Big Game Hunt
Author: NewRiverGeorge

Wonder how long the Big Game will still be out there for hunting. We had it leading to and from Seattle on the Empire Builder back in the middle of the summer. Sure generates a lot of conversation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/14 08:52 by NewRiverGeorge.

Date: 09/24/14 21:03
Re: Big Game Hunt
Author: ProAmtrak

Hey I was lucky to have it on both in and outbound trips in Seattle back in March with 11 and 14, 14 had it as a trailing unit while 11 had it leading a Pepsi Can out of King St. Station!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/14 21:03 by ProAmtrak.

Date: 09/28/14 04:36
Re: Big Game Hunt
Author: navy5717th

NewRiverGeorge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wonder how long the Big Game will still be out
> there for hunting. We had it leading to and from
> Seattle on the Empire Builder back in the middle
> of the summer. Sure generates a lot of
> conversation.

Amtrak had better find a way to get it back to Oklahoma - PRONTO !!

Sooners fans are going to want to lead this year's Big Game Special to Dallas for their game with tu in a couple of weeks.

Fritz in HSV, AL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0626 seconds