Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Passenger Trains > Reason for #14 delay?

Date: 10/16/14 22:39
Reason for #14 delay?
Author: bwyrick

My fiancee is currently sitting on the northbound Coast Starlight sitting in Oakland, where they have been sitting for almost an hour. They arrived at OKJ about 2128 (about 4 minutes late), and should have departed (with that delay in mind) around 2143. My question is this: What would cause a delay this long? Could it be the addition/removal of a PV? Could it be engine trouble? Inquiring minds would like to know, please and thank you.

Date: 10/16/14 22:54
Re: Reason for #14 delay?
Author: TheG-Man

Based on my experience as the engineer of #14 many times between SJC and SAC I'd say the delay could be many things. Waiting for a PV addition or removal; engine trouble; mechanical trouble with one of the cars; maybe a drunk with his/her car stuck on the tracks up by King Street or elsewhere. Thursdays was one of the days I would work 14, but I'm retired now so it's someone else's problem tonight. Hope someone knows for sure what's going on there and can help you out.

Date: 10/16/14 22:57
Author: bwyrick

Thanks G-man. She says she didn't see any PVs or one of the Oakland switchers go by them, but she did see a couple of San Joaquins/Capitols go by, and no UP traffic. I think we could probably rule out PVs, but like you said, could be anything.

Date: 10/17/14 08:53
Author: PHall

UP could be holding them in the station because of trouble ahead.
Better to hold a passenger train in a station then out in the middle of nowhere.

Date: 10/17/14 09:33
Author: webmaster

Am I missing something? The train is set to depart Oakland at 9:39pm and the inquiry is why the train got out 4 minutes late at 9:43pm? Four minutes late departure is pretty much ontime.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 10/17/14 10:06
Author: GenePoon

webmaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Am I missing something? The train is set to
> depart Oakland at 9:39pm and the inquiry is why
> the train got out 4 minutes late at 9:43pm?

Not really:

* Train 14 of 10/16/2014.
* Coast Starlight
* +---------------- Station code
* | +----------- Schedule Arrival Day
* | | +-------- Schedule Arrival time
* | | | +----- Schedule Departure Day
* | | | | +-- Schedule Departure Time
* | | | | | +------------- Actual Arrival Time
* | | | | | | +------- Actual Departure Time

* OKJ 1 924P 1 939P 928P 1046P Departed: 1 hour and 7 minutes late.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.044 seconds