Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Passenger Trains > Dover Harbor

Date: 10/19/14 15:48
Dover Harbor
Author: rfprr1

Yesterday, (Saturday) my wife, son and I rode the Dover Harbor from Washington, DC to Williamsburg, Va and return.
As a huge fan of the Richmond, Fredericksburg and Potomac Railroad, this fulfilled a life-long dream of riding the
RF&P in a private car. There are not enough superlatives to describe the experience of riding a Pullman car in this
day and age. The Washington, DC chapter of the NRHS does their utmost to re-create what Pullman travel was like in
the glory days of rail travel. I cannot think of one negative thing to say. The food: excellent, as were the drinks.
The staff: professional in every way. Impeccable service. And, this is done all by volunteers. Their dedication is commendable!

If you've never ridden the Dover Harbor, I urge you to do so. You definitely won't be disappointed.
See: http://www.doverharbor.com/ for more info.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with this organization.

The attached photos are from Sunday's trip and were taken at the Alexandria, VA Amtrak station.
Riding yesterday didn't afford the opportunity to photograph the train.

rfprr

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds