Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Passenger Trains > "The Spoiler"...

Date: 10/19/14 15:51
"The Spoiler"...
Author: aussiehinz

I suspect we've all been there...

Amtrak Train #8, the "Empire Builder," Dresbach MN... October 16, 2014

-- Arrive ahead of time and find decent location where extensive river valley ground fog has lifted sufficiently to shoot impending train... Check.

-- Wait the requisite extra hour while scheduled train gets later, and sunlight moves further around... Check.

-- Witness two vehicles using dead end residential street in the entire 90 minute period waiting for train; warily hope that won't be an issue... Check.

-- Have automobile enter the frame at the PRECISE instant necessary to make it completely unavoidable, even at a much tighter angle than desired, and be left to wonder the rest of the day how in hell it
could possibly have unfolded in that exact fashion... Check.

Nothing left to do but wave.

Mission Accomplished.

Cheers,

aussiehinz

Date: 10/19/14 16:21
Re: "The Spoiler"...
Author: SCKP187

Nice effort. If it isn't that, someone has called the sheriff on you, or the other choice is tree tunnels seems like.
Brian Stevens

Date: 10/19/14 21:13
Author: AndyBrown

Yep, been there, done that! 2 gravel road locations I like to shoot at occasionally leave me fuming when my shot gets dusted. It's a gamble!

Andy

Date: 10/20/14 07:12
Author: santafedan

Still, it is a great photo.

Date: 10/20/14 10:29
Author: DJ-12

Gaaak! I feel your pain. Might be worth a pass in photoshop with some cloning and cropping...

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/20/14 13:55
Author: DavidP

I like shot 2....you can imagine the train sweeping past the slower moving car. Once you widen the shot you the overhead electrical lines enter the picture.

Dave

Date: 10/20/14 16:53
Author: MILW16

Or when the only cloud in the sky decides to position itself between you and the sun at the very moment the train comes...

Nice pics even with the car. Thanks for posting them.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0462 seconds