Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Passenger Trains > Union Station Kansas City's Centennial Celebration

Date: 10/22/14 13:17
Union Station Kansas City's Centennial Celebration
Author: shuttletrain

On Thursday, October 30, 2014, Kansas City's Union Station will be 100 years old. That night the residents will celebrate the occasion with sold out gala. Friday, October 31, the station will unveil it's history display of the past 100 years. Saturday, November 1st will bring the entire Metro Kansas City Area to the station for the Re-dedication Ceremony and lots of events highlighting the history of the station, with more events on Sunday, November 2nd.

Complete details at: http://www.unionstation.org/100years/

Since I consider Kansas City, my second hometown. I went to college an hour away in Warrensburg, MO and did a Practicum at a local television station; asked my wife to marry me during a visit to KC; still have lots of friends in the area; was a charter member of the Union Station group. I will be attending the events. As a host of the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation's Let's Talk Trains podcast, I do a show every November from KC area. This year, I thought it would be very cool, if I invited Bob Alkire, one half of our Pacific Northwest husband/wife host duo to come and visit during the event. I also asked our Midwest host, KC Nathan to come too. So now we will have three hosts for our LIVE show on the !st from Noon to Two CDT. We are also planning on streaming the Re-dedication ceremony Live as well.

We also have been given an opportunity to tour the KC StreetCar project on Friday morning, October 31st. If you are interested in joining us, please contact me.

Hope to see a great meany of my fellow TO members during the big weekend.

Theodore Picraux
St. Peters, MO
Shuttletrain's Wanderings

Date: 10/22/14 16:43
Re: Union Station Kansas City's Centennial Celebration
Author: pdt

Waxing nostalgic and sentimental. How sweet. www.letmeblabberonaboutmyself.com Too real?

Date: 10/22/14 16:58
Author: shuttletrain

Ms Marshall, Thank you for your poor taste comment. i read your bio, very impressive, history of model railfanning knowledge, so I am not sure why you cut down another person the way you did, also, I would expect that you would be interested in the layout USKC next time your in KC.

Theodore Picraux
St. Peters, MO
Shuttletrain's Wanderings

Date: 10/22/14 17:58
Author: cutboy2

Could use another train or three. Great station.

Date: 10/22/14 21:22
Author: chakk

Sure looks like everything's up to date in Kansas City.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/23/14 10:49
Author: bandob

"Waxing nostalgic and sentimental. How sweet. www.letmeblabberonaboutmyself.com Too real?"

Typical pdt. Never posts anything original. Just sits back and throws stones at virtually everyone who does.

B&OB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0391 seconds