Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Passenger Trains > Albany Incident

Date: 10/28/14 14:03
Albany Incident
Author: Andre

Amtrak struck and killed another trespasser in Albany Oregon today, 19 year old did not listen to a warning given by a local chemical plant worker. You just can't fix stupid!

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local/salem/2014/10/28/amtrak-train-hits-kills-19-year-old-near-albany/18067883/

And no I don't feel any sympathy for this young person, hes was warned and choose to disregard that warning. The person that I have a lot of sympathy for is the locomotive engineer and his family that will have to live with his stupidity for the rest of their lives.

Andre Anderson
Tigard Oregon

Date: 10/28/14 14:13
Re: Albany Incident
Author: GenePoon

Andre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Amtrak struck and killed another trespasser in
> Albany Oregon today, 19 year old did not listen to
> a warning given by a local chemical plant worker.
> You just can't fix stupid!

Of course I am sure Andre would agree...Amtrak didn't kill him; this trespasser killed himself.

Date: 10/28/14 14:29
Author: Andre

GenePoon Wrote:

> Of course I am sure Andre would agree...Amtrak
> didn't kill him; this trespasser killed himself.

You are so right, I miss typed, especially when he was warned!

Andre

Date: 10/28/14 14:55
Author: Typhoon

It is amazing how many perfect people live in today's world.

Date: 10/28/14 16:52
Author: dcfbalcoS1

No sympathy for the 'suicide' victim here either. Technically speaking, he chose this route.

Date: 10/28/14 17:41
Author: kdrtrains

After 30 years on a fire truck I have lost all compassion for the stupid people. There are just too many of them and they breed like flies.

Lets look at stupid for a sec. If stupid was a crime, we would all have serve some time. Things have gotten by me and I guess my guardian angle has worked very hard over the years. But then there are the really stupid ones. Those that still stick needles in their arms, drink and drive, waste our tax dollars, and try to vacuum gasoline from their gas tanks with an electric vacuum cleaner. BOOM!

Mother Nature has a plan!

Date: 10/28/14 19:10
Author: jdb

It has been a bad week in the northland. (or should that be north land, Northland, North Land?)

This guy ran out of gas on the freeway. Then he takes his gas can and starts to hike to a gas station. Don't know where you are going to find a gas station on the north side of Albany near the railroad.

A week ago today (21st) #507 hit a teen age autistic kid north of Salem, south of Woodburn. His parents were supposed to pick him up after some school event and he wasn't there. Notified the police about a missing person. #507 was the first one to see him.

Today I was in Portland and heard that the BNSF and UP had each hit a trespasser within the last day or so.

jb

Date: 10/29/14 07:30
Author: Torisgod

kdrtrains Wrote:
> have gotten by me and I guess my guardian angle
> has worked very hard over the years.

Stupidity is everywhere and everyone is stupid sometimes! Some people are incurably stupid, others only come down with cases of the stupids from time to time. For instance, kdrtrains, do you have acute guardian angle?

Tor in Eugene

Date: 10/29/14 11:33
Author: DavidP

Torisgod Wrote:
> kdrtrains Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > have gotten by me and I guess my guardian angle
> > has worked very hard over the years.
>
> Stupidity is everywhere and everyone is stupid
> sometimes! Some people are incurably stupid,
> others only come down with cases of the stupids
> from time to time. For instance, kdrtrains, do you
> have acute guardian angle?
>
> Tor in Eugene

Where you a joke writer for Isosceles in a previous life?

Dave

Date: 10/29/14 11:50
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

Since, nationwide, there are about two or three of these incidences that occur on a daily basis, AND since so many TO readers feel a need to report them and offer editorial comment, I suggest that maybe the moderator should set up a separate Discussion category for these incidences.

That way, those who want to read about them and offer their philosophical viewpoints regarding these situations can do so, and those of us who don't can skip over this particular Discussion forum.

Date: 10/29/14 22:20
Author: kdrtrains

Gosh, I don't know if my guardian Angle is cute or not. I just know he or she works hard for me sometimes.

Date: 10/30/14 04:02
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

I think my guardian Angle a distant cousin of my isosceles Triangle.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0648 seconds