Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Passenger Trains > Texas Eagle 21 on Saturday

Date: 10/28/14 20:06
Texas Eagle 21 on Saturday
Author: KB5WK

Caught the AMT21 at Dallas TX on 10/25/2014 with a Iowa Pacific passenger card on the end. I was waiting for the NS8102 PRR heritage that was leading a UP auto train ASMAR-24. Luck would not be in the cards as I had to be somewhere at 12:30 pm. And the NS8102 had to make a setout in Mesquite TX. With the Form B and MOW in the way. I had to bolt and settle with my Amtrak shot. I missed the shot by 30 minutes but that is life. Maybe next time it will work out.

if you notice the landscape at my shot. The UP is extending their double track from Mesquite siding to MP 210 which is where the double track ends for the UP from Fort Worth to Dallas TX. Now it will be complete double track from Fort Worth to Mesquite TX after completion. A major project that will be pay off big time for the UP and ease congestion. The UP contractors on site were nice to let me get about 25 feet from the main and do my photo shoot. That was rare.

DH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/14 20:07 by KB5WK.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/29/14 09:12
Re: Texas Eagle 21 on Saturday
Author: bluesboyst

What is the reason for only 1 locomotive? Is it the shortage crap?

Steve

Date: 10/29/14 09:39
Author: KB5WK

It has been this way for many years now. 1 locomotive and fingers and toes crossed that this GE reliable product will not FAIL.

Date: 10/29/14 12:01
Author: DFWJIM

In the first photo it looks the PV is riding up at an angle to the Superliner car.

Date: 10/30/14 17:11
Author: Phil1

One engine can move 7 or 8 of the Superliners at speed , but as is mentioned in another post, one has to hope it can make the trip without delays. I think one of the last cars in the video needs a trip to the wheel pit. They seem to be on a slow order which made for a good video. Thanks.

Phil Blommendahl
Getzville, NY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds