Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Passenger Trains > Comet cars to Perris

Date: 10/31/14 07:49
Comet cars to Perris
Author: mundo

A birdy flew over and said, four former NJT comet cars moving to Perris, for the Orange Empire Railway museum.

SCRRA has been unable to sell them after several false starts.

Date: 10/31/14 08:06
Re: Comet cars to Perris
Author: joemvcnj

I think they have some NYC 2nd Avenue el cars also, which went west for the WWII war effort.

Date: 10/31/14 17:28
Author: Lairport

When our NARP group recently visited SLC Frontrunner shops Oct.17th,
they were very upset that Metrolink returned the leased Comet cars to them in such very poor condition.
UTA wants to refurbish them and add a second Comet Car one to each of their trains.

Date: 10/31/14 18:20
Author: EtoinShrdlu

>I think they have some NYC 2nd Avenue el cars also, which went west for the WWII war effort.

RVJ has some ex-el cars which were used in the Shipyard Ry. Perhaps you're thinking of those.

Date: 10/31/14 21:07
Author: wattslocal

There are three TPHX Montreal coaches at Perris which are just perfect for the Thomas train. Easy loading, opening windows and commuter seats, each side facing the other direction.

Wonder why these coaches don't have double doors for faster loading?

Watts Local

Date: 11/01/14 16:37

Since you said Montreal, I think you must be speaking of St Louis built stainless ex-Arrow-I's, identical to what is running on the San Joaquins. Back East, we nickname them Com-Arrows. When they were converted from MU to loco hauled cars in the late 1980's, the center doors were plugged.

Date: 11/01/14 19:12
Author: TomPlatten

I can report with certainty that four comet cars were deposited on the wye at OERM when I arrived this morning. They arrived complete with graffiti and some "dismantled windows" but otherwise serviceable. As I left today the cars were having their graffiti removed as quickly as possible so they can be used next weekend for our first combined Thomas and Percy the Tank Engines. We will be using three different diesels during the five day event starting next Saturday

Date: 11/02/14 10:29
Author: usmc1401

Did Metrolink have more NJ cars that were never used than these four. Are these the cars that were stored near Saugus CA.

Date: 11/02/14 12:04

yes and yes

Date: 11/02/14 12:08

These are Montreal Cars...not any form of Comets or St Louis Car built.

I do not have the details of Montreal cars, but nice and modern looking.

One item further. These comets that went to Perris are not the type that are being used on the San Joaquin's. SJ cars are newer.

Date: 11/02/14 15:07

Would these be smooth sided ex-CP cars with individual single widows ?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0306 seconds