Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Autumn Express on the High Line in Philly

Date: 11/17/14 20:03
Amtrak Autumn Express on the High Line in Philly
Author: OCtrainguy

I've been meaning to post this video I got of the Autumn Express on the High Line on November 8th. The train looked real good on the High Line. This video was taken at Penn Park using the area by the tennis courts. It was business as usual in the park with the two people playing tennis, joggers and soccer players going by, as well as maintenance crews going about their business as the passenger train rolled slowly overhead. Hope you enjoy!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/19/14 00:25
Re: Amtrak Autumn Express on the High Line in Philly
Author: Chooch

What a dramatic and historic sight as the background of Franklin Field and the buildings of the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center loom in the background.

At the beginning of this video you can see one of the SEPTA Regional Rail trains pass by on the lower level on it's way to the Philadelphia Airport. I make that trip a few times during the year to the Hospital for checkups. Since the rebuilding of the South Street bridge a few years ago, that area has really become a wonderful showplace. The campuses of both the University of Pennsylvania and Drexel University are a wonderful sight to behold. A credit to the city of Philadelphia. No wonder it is named "University City".

Jim
Hatboro, PA

Date: 11/19/14 06:08
Author: Phil1

Great video and thanks. Where did the train start and end? It looks great for a string of Amfleets. I had not heard of this special before this. Does it run each season? It was good to see a train of Amfleets longer than five or six cars like we get here in WNY. Thanks again.

Phil Blommendahl
Getzville, NY

Date: 11/19/14 19:51
Author: OCtrainguy

Phil1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great video and thanks. Where did the train start
> and end? It looks great for a string of Amfleets.
> I had not heard of this special before this. Does
> it run each season? It was good to see a train of
> Amfleets longer than five or six cars like we get
> here in WNY. Thanks again.

The train originated at 30th Street Station and reversed out of the station to the connection with the High Line. Once on the High Line, the train traveled on current freight-only tracks to Harrisburg. The train wyed on Rockville Bridge and proceeded back to 30th Street Station the same way back. This was the second year the train had run. Last year it went down the NEC to the NS Port Road.

Thanks for the compliment on the video.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0434 seconds