Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Passenger Trains > X-Train's newest fantasy

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 11/19/14 21:50
X-Train's newest fantasy
Author: David.Curlee

I couldn't help but notice X-Train continuing to peddle the 5.5 hour running time nonsense. Here's the breakdown by miles and average speeds.

Metrolink express service between LAUPT and Palmdale runs a little over 90 minutes. This leaves 4 hours to travel the remaining 287 miles between Palmdale Jct and Las Vegas **AND** wye or run the power around the train in Mojave. The best case scenario at Mojave is probably about 30 minutes in the yard -- that is, if UP would even entertain the idea at all (doubtful).

So what you really have is 3.5 hours to travel those 287 miles, for an average speed of 82 MPH over trackage where the passenger speed limit never once exceeds 79 MPH. Oh yeah, that will work.

Date: 11/19/14 22:14
Re: X-Train's newest fantasy
Author: Mgoldman

Could have power on both ends...

/Mitch

Date: 11/19/14 22:20
Author: MojaveBill

I agree that this is a probably a fantasy but the Mojave Yard is not exactly all that busy, and they should be able to wye a train in less than 30 mins. Best bet would be power on both ends or cab car on one end...

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 11/19/14 22:36
Author: David.Curlee

The Mojave maneuver doesn't change much anyway. Consider the times of Amtrak #3 between Needles and Barstow. There's about 86 miles of 90 MPH running, and yet the average speed is still 67 MPH.

For the X-Train to achieve an average speed of 82 MPH, there would have to be 100-110 MPH trackage nearly everywhere to compensate for the curves through Afton Canyon and the steep 2.2% climb over Cima Hill.

Date: 11/19/14 22:43
Author: GenePoon

Looks like nobody else believed it:

Date: 11/19/14 22:48
Author: msdgbar

Boy the way that train meanders it makes it just as drunk as it's passengers will be.

Date: 11/19/14 23:51
Author: OmahaTom

It's a big investor scam, just like it was the first time. Their just rounding up a new round of ignorant investors. "X" Train, as in "Will never e'X'ist".

Tom Loftus
Omaha, NE

Date: 11/20/14 07:18
Author: ATSF3751

Wonder if anyone at X-Train has asked BNSF what they think about a passenger train on their rails between Mojave and Dagget?

Date: 11/20/14 07:22
Author: PERichardson

When are you all going to realize this is not a real company with any attention of doing anything other than scam gullible investors. You might do better helping those poor folks in Nigeria get their money out of their nation.

Date: 11/20/14 08:24
Author: 41

oh we all know this ain't for real---but it makes for fair entertainment :)

Date: 11/20/14 09:57
Author: Pacific5th

I've seen Amtrak Y a train and it isn't pretty, 30 minutes is way off.

Date: 11/20/14 11:53
Author: CPRR

I am surprised there is not a connection from the UP line coming into the yard, to the BNSF line going east. And why is it so hard to wye a train? In Mojave it would be switching to the Creal Branch, then backing up back to the yard, then out to the main eastward. Should not be that hard.

I do admit, if they are trying it out on 12/31/15, I will chase it to Barstow, but at 82 mph average speed, I will need a Corvette to keep up....

Date: 11/20/14 12:27
Author: icancmp193

GenePoon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like nobody else believed it:

Morningstar says it all!

Tom Y

Date: 11/20/14 12:40
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

But, but, but with XTRN at $0.00 an increase in stock price of just a hundreth of a cent, $0.0001, equals infinite yield.
I'm all in.

Date: 11/20/14 12:48
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Putting an engine on each end will make it go twice as fast if you use the new math.

Wye'ing a train now days could take hours or days with the new work process rules and safety meetings ( even if you have to have a meeting with yourself ). There would be the initial meeting of what you are going to do, a second meeting before you enter the tail track to be sure you understand what the consequences of that are, a third meeting to see if that switch is lined properly and then compare how it looks to the photo in the process manual, fourth meeting once you are on the tail track and NOW WHAT!!!, fifth meeting when you finally run out the other leg of the wye, sixth when you encounter another switch and determine what will happen there and is it lined properly ( look in the process manual ), seventh when you now find yourself out on the other track and the scenery has changed dramatically ( where are the mountains we saw coming in ??? ) and eighth when you decide the only choice is to go 'thataway' and see what happens.

If this process is completed successfully, fill in the paperwork where you apply for 'applause points' for your endeavors which will be awarded at the next club house meeting. And that is no kidding - some companies are now giving 'applause points' to employees IF they come to work, also IF they come to work on time and IF they do what they are already being paid to do.

Date: 11/20/14 17:48
X, Y & Z trains
Author: RuleG

Pacific5th Wrote:
> I've seen Amtrak Y a train and it isn't pretty, 30
> minutes is way off.

X Train, Amtrak Ys a train and then there are all the Z-Trains to contend with.

Date: 11/20/14 18:44
Re: X, Y & Z trains
Author: barrydraper

While I agree that these plans are a scam, it wouldn't cost that much to add the missing leg at the Santa Fe (make that BNSF) junction so that it becomes a wye. UP and BNSF have no need, but if X Train paid for the work, the land is empty so wouldn't cost much. Then they wouldn't even have to go into Mojave, just turn right for Barstow.

Barry Draper

Date: 11/20/14 19:49
Author: trainman630

RuleG Wrote:
> Pacific5th Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've seen Amtrak Y a train and it isn't pretty,
> 30
> > minutes is way off.
>
> X Train, Amtrak Ys a train and then there are all
> the Z-Trains to contend with.

Can I take the A train?

Date: 11/20/14 20:25
Author: cchan006

masterphots Wrote:
> When are you all going to realize this is not a
> real company with any attention of doing anything
> other than scam gullible investors. You might do
> better helping those poor folks in Nigeria get
> their money out of their nation.

I wonder if any of you guys did research on what the founder did BEFORE X-Train? I did, but I refrained from slanderous remarks, because scam artists are nasty people, and I didn't want to be on their "black list" so to speak.

I suggest TO members read ALL the statements made in the following link, including those made by reputable people, whose opinions I have respect for EXCEPT in this thread:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,3487403

Since people's memories tend to be short or non-existent here on TO, how about learning through embarrassment of others? Pretty sad that this seems to be the only tactic that works.

Date: 11/20/14 20:35
Author: RuleG

trainman630 Wrote:
> RuleG Wrote:
> -----
> > Pacific5th Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I've seen Amtrak Y a train and it isn't
> pretty,
> > 30
> > > minutes is way off.
> >
> > X Train, Amtrak Ys a train and then there are
> all
> > the Z-Trains to contend with.
>
>
> Can I take the A train?

Sure you can take the A train to Harlem, but please give it back when you're done.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0843 seconds