Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Passenger Trains > .

Date: 12/05/14 00:24
Author: F40PHR231

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/21 21:11 by F40PHR231.

Date: 12/05/14 05:18
Re: Rainy and reflective MAX evening
Author: robj

Quality night shots. Rain makes them really work.

Bob Jordan

Date: 12/05/14 07:13
Author: atsf121

Fantastic photography there Chris, makes me want to go visit Portland.

Nathan

Date: 12/05/14 07:32
Author: Torisgod

Wow! WOW! WOOOOOW! I think I need to get my jaw surgically repositioned. Those are the most extraordinary photos I've ever seen on Trainorders. I didn't know that some of the older LRVs were getting electronic destination signs, nor did I know about the meaning of the colored lights on the Tilikum Bridge: the "personality" of the lights makes me appreciate Portland even more. But is that possible? Portland is already the most beautiful city on earth, if you ask me.

Tor in Eugene

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/14 07:34 by Torisgod.

Date: 12/05/14 11:55
Author: hsr_fan

Beautiful, makes me want to visit Portland!

Date: 12/05/14 12:05
Author: MEKoch

#4 is very well composed!

Date: 12/05/14 13:49
Author: korotaj

Portland is a fantastic place to visit if for no other reason than to explore the transit system which I would rank as equal to or better than any other in the US. And, there are lots of other reasons! No really great museums, and no major tourist attractions, and weather that many might not like, but all that does not matter. What Portland has, better than any other city I have ever visited in the US, is a civility and a kind of certainty that says "this is what a city should be." Interesting neighborhoods, numerous good places to eat, a beautiful working riverfront, a vibrant downtown, occasional views of Mt Hood, and of course Powell's Books (along with some good brew) all give the visitor plenty to experience. Thanks for posting these beautiful photos.

Date: 12/05/14 14:04
Author: Cumbresfan

What Portland has, better than any other city I have ever visited in the US, is a civility and a kind of certainty that says "this is what a city should be."

Maybe not. Last time I was there a couple of years ago, the civility and certainty I found on the hike from Union Station to a Max line then to the airport(before the Green Line was built) involved stepping over transients sleeping in doorways or begging handouts, and on the Max being hassled by young juvenile thugs. I hope things have improved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/14 14:05 by Cumbresfan.

Date: 12/07/14 01:02
Author: coach

I was in Portland years ago for the USRowing Annual Coaches' Convention. Great place. Love the light rail lines, and their extent of operations. Not many homeless people, at least in the chilly air.

Portland, in my opinion, is the "prettiest" major city on the West Coast, especially at Christmas time. It was so beautiful at night, anywhere you walked, and along the river. I may move there someday.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0409 seconds