Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Passenger Trains > Hotels near Amtrak station in Charlotte

Date: 12/17/14 13:09
Hotels near Amtrak station in Charlotte
Author: 8notch

Hello all,
I'm looking for a good place to stay that's pretty close to Amtrak CLT.
Nothing to break the bank, but a nice place to stay. Will be there Mid January for a few nights. Also of these have a view of the tracks?
Thanks in advance.
Robert.

Date: 12/17/14 13:25
Re: Hotels near Amtrak station in Charlotte
Author: ctillnc

There's a Residence Inn on South Mint Street. Call them to make sure, but if you stay on the upper floors with a north-facing room, you might see the Southern main line. It's two miles from the station. There are many other downtown hotels but I doubt they have visibility of the tracks. The station is in an industrial area with no hotels adjacent.

Date: 12/17/14 14:42
Author: atsf121

ctillnc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's a Residence Inn on South Mint Street. Call
> them to make sure, but if you stay on the upper
> floors with a north-facing room, you might see the
> Southern main line. It's two miles from the
> station. There are many other downtown hotels but
> I doubt they have visibility of the tracks. The
> station is in an industrial area with no hotels
> adjacent.

Ctillnc is right. Stay above the 4th floor (really 6 or higher) and ask for a room on the opposite side from Mint St. Nice view of the tracks, I haven't always been able to get a room on that side and it's my favorite place to stay. None of the other hotels I've stayed at have had any kind of view of the tracks. No hotels by the station, it's north of "uptown" and there are no hotels around. But you can catch a cab, shouldn't be too much. Enjoy, I've had fun visiting Charlotte over the past few years.

Nathan

Date: 12/17/14 17:52
Author: 8notch

Thanks for the information. I'll call the hotel direct.
In case anyone else has ideas, please send them my way.
Robert.

Date: 12/17/14 18:30
Author: ctillnc

You will also be able to see the abutments of the bridge over S. Graham St. that formerly carried the Southern passenger main from the pre-1964 station toward Columbia. The bridge was removed long ago.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds