Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak 3 and 4

Date: 12/19/14 18:58
Amtrak 3 and 4
Author: railaddict

Amtrak #3 west from Albuquerque and #4 east out of Los Angles are showing operational issues tonight. Any information available?

Date: 12/19/14 19:31
Re: Amtrak 3 and 4
Author: Milw_E70

3 hit a pedestrian coming into their station stop at ABQ.

http://krqe.com/2014/12/19/pedestrian-struck-by-train-at-alvarado-transit-center/

Date: 12/19/14 19:36
Author: railaddict

#4 got out of the gate at LAX a little tardy, but finally on the move.

Date: 12/20/14 03:13
Author: andersonb109

Time to construct the fences trackside! Gates can be opened under supervision when trains arrive. Maybe some wire on top to keep people looking for the good seats from climbing over before the train arrives. Warning signs too. How could the railway not have thought of this before this facility was constructed. Oh and wait...the signs need to be in Spanish also. In fact, maybe Spanish in BIG letters. I'm sure there are some other safety items I'm forgetting about. Maybe others will have more.

Date: 12/20/14 16:34
Author: Abqfoamer

I've watched #3 slowly coast into the Abq depot at about 10mph, first slipping past a crowd of Rail Runner commuters waiting for the first pm runs, occasionally blowing its horn or halting briefly to clear unaware folks, then slowly stopping at the south, Amtrak half of the platforms.

RR trains are walked past stopped SWCs when necessary.

This poor woman must have been incapacitated somehow, as this is an almost never-happening incident here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/14 16:38 by Abqfoamer.

Date: 12/21/14 11:27
Author: ProAmtrak

Out here in Flagstaff is worse, I've seen No. 3 and freights when they see idiots race across Beaver and San Francisco and they're blarein' like crazy! I for one am fed up with the crap when it comes to people who for some reason doesn't know how dangerous it is! Not just being drunk, just plain stupidity!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds