Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Passenger Trains > Going to NM in 2 weeks - Active semaphore locations?

Date: 03/03/15 05:06
Going to NM in 2 weeks - Active semaphore locations?
Author: RutledgeRadio

I'm going to be passing through New Mexico in a couple weeks and would like to get some shots of the semaphore signals and Amtrak's Southwest Chief between Raton - Lamy. When I rode the Chief last October there were tons of semaphores still around. I know some are about ready to be replaced and have new signals turned next to them, so I'm not interested in those. How many are still by themselves operating? Which ones would make the best pictures, especially for train #3? I know there's a great set on a curve near Serafina, NM that I'm thinking of getting, but am unsure about the others. Any help would be great!

Also, is the wig-wag crossing signal still active at Delhi, CO? I think I saw a picture from 2013 and it was still there.

Date: 03/03/15 07:57
Re: Going to NM in 2 weeks - Active semaphore locations
Author: 1976

I say it's a mistake not shooting the ones with replacements. They're in such a place that they fit right into the chase and don't cost you anything else. At least shoot 746, because the new signals can be hidden in the picture due to their low height.

All signals from your previous trip and the wigwag still stand.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0413 seconds