Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Passenger Trains > Thanks North Korea

Date: 04/17/15 04:49
Thanks North Korea
Author: amtrakbill

With the data breach done to Sony there was a personal email sent from the CFO of Amtrak to an employee at Sony that said he is now CFO and he is "looking to get experience working on capital hill"

i would have cut and pasted the email but it contained his personal AOL address. What surprised me about the email is that someone still uses AOL :) 

Source:
wikileaks 

Date: 04/17/15 07:45
Re: Thanks North Korea
Author: Out_Of_Service

i still use aol !!!

Posted from Android

Date: 04/17/15 07:59
Re: Thanks North Korea9
Author: Out_Of_Service

amtrakbill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With the data breach done to Sony there was a
> personal email sent from the CFO of Amtrak to an
> employee at Sony that said he is now CFO and he is
> "looking to get experience working on capital
> hill"
>
> i would have cut and pasted the email but it
> contained his personal AOL address. What surprised
> me about the email is that someone still uses AOL
> :) 
>
> Source:
> wikileaks 

i still use aol ... just for email purposes ... there are a lot of saved archived emails that i need to reference and i don't wanna go through the trouble of sifting through the 1000s of emails looking for it ... i just search and there it is ...

it's a shame that you and other like you feel that you're better than somebody because they aren't doing things up to your standards ...

i do things for convenience not for aethetics to make it look like i'm better than everyone ... i have to wonder if you apply this principle in every aspect of your life ... i would venture to say yes you do :-)

disclaimer: all comments above were made tongue-in-cheek ... as i assume was yours ...

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/15 08:02 by Out_Of_Service.

Date: 04/17/15 08:58
Author: Technology-Jeske

People still believe that North Korea did this?

As a Network Engineer with my fingers in lots of businesses, the plausability factor is way below par, and there is no evidence.

This is akin to  charging a 1st grader with Tax Evasion..

People accept what our government tell us wayyy to much.

Date: 04/17/15 13:45
Author: jmf1910

Technology-Jeske Wrote:
> People still believe that North Korea did this?
>
> As a Network Engineer with my fingers in lots of
> businesses, the plausability factor is way below
> par, and there is no evidence.
>
> This is akin to  charging a 1st grader with Tax
> Evasion..
>
> People accept what our government tell us wayyy to
> much.

This is the most logical and factual comment I've even seen posted on Trainorders. Thank you, sir.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/17/15 15:23
Author: DNRY122

I have gotten the impression that admitting that one uses AOL is akin to telling a "Rock Snob" that you like ABBA.  I am one of those old-timers who still uses AOL, although for the past few years it's been rather flakey, sometimes halting and displaying an "oops--we'll have to restart your browser" message.  If it's really being obnoxious, I can use Firefox.  Full disclosure: first computer I ever saw in  person was the "SAGE" system in Santa Monica, about 56 years ago.  It was in an airconditioned building as big as a barn and had its own three-phase transformer bank feeding the power supplies.  The computer I'm using now can be easily lifted with one hand and has about a dozen orders of magnitude more capability.

Date: 04/18/15 09:33
Author: wcamp1472

Re: SAGE comment, above...

AN-FST-2B?  Vacuum tubes?
w/transistorized SIF Cabinet?
And a RAPPI, display for viewing output target 'words'?

Been there, Done THAT, Got the Tee shirt, & the patch....

Wes C.

Date: 04/18/15 11:26
Author: Lackawanna484

Doesn't the air traffic control system still use a mixture of vacuum tubes and (slightly) newer technology?  The airline industry and Boeing even offered to take over the whole mess and improve it themselves.

Date: 04/18/15 12:57
Author: PHall

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
> Doesn't the air traffic control system still use a
> mixture of vacuum tubes and (slightly) newer
> technology?  The airline industry and Boeing even
> offered to take over the whole mess and improve it
> themselves.
>
>  

No, the tube stuff went away long ago.  The FAA's Radios and Radars are fairly current. It's the computer system that operates the system that needs replacement.

Date: 04/19/15 22:45
Author: DNRY122

Remembering that this was over 55 years ago, the SAGE system was mostly, if not entirely vacuum tubes.  Transistors were starting to make inroads, but I think SAGE was designed before they became reliable enough for critical missions, rather than small entertainment radios.  Move a few years ahead to 1962, when the AN-UYK unit was available.  It was solid state, and small enough to fit through the hatch of a submarine.

Date: 04/20/15 10:39
Author: chakk

could it be that people continue to use aol because they haven't figured out how to cancel it?

Date: 04/20/15 11:08
Re: Thanks North Korea
Author: filmteknik

I use my AOL account for anything that I have to sign up for, even important things like credit cards and banks.  That keeps my real email free from all the mailings that stuff generates.  For really low grade stuff like when some website wants an email address just for verification, I use a gmail account. 

BTW, just so everyone is aware, Google's computers do "read" (in a manner of speaking) your gmail emails to determine what advertising to serve you when, via cookies, they notice you visiting a web site for which they are the advertising provider.  So if you confidentially tell someone you wet yourself recently, don't be surprised if you start seeing ads for Depends!  If that bothers you, don't say anything private in gmail.   I don't know if AOL does that.  Maybe.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0524 seconds