Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Passenger Trains > 91 (17) arriving Orlando

Date: 04/18/15 08:07
91 (17) arriving Orlando
Author: RevRandy

down about 50 minutes, with a slew of people arriving. the lines of the train with the Viewliners and the new baggage are wonderful.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/18/15 08:13
Re: 91 (17) arriving Orlando

in departing had to make a second stop for some errant passengers who were running after it.

Date: 04/18/15 09:43
Author: bluesboyst

Nothing like train time with breaks squealing.....That is how a train should arrive, at a good clip...Love it....

Date: 04/18/15 21:49
Author: ProAmtrak

CSX actually CTC'd the S Line?

Date: 04/19/15 13:26
Author: CP8888

This remnds me so much of the NYC days and station stops.
Brake squeal and smoke. Engineer knows his stuff.

Date: 04/20/15 09:40

O, my yes -- back in the 1960s I would deadhead Rochester to Utica on the evening mail -- and approaching Utica we were seemingly going full speed when the head-end reached the platform and the rider car on the rear would grind/squeal to a halt at just about that end of the platform after a quick deceleration ... you didn't want to be standing while it was happening (I pity the poor RPO folk, but on-time was top priority). My father, a NYCRR civil engineer, would pick me up and he said the wheels would be rimmed with hot sparks as the train quickly slowed down, a wonderful show in the early evening dark.

Another memory of those trips would be riding in the rider car, in total darkness (why maintain those rat-traps ... lucky to have all the windows intact!), and between Rome and Utica a fast westbound would rush by us and then the rider car would fill with a blue light -- the Century has just passed with its drumhead lit.

CP8888 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This remnds me so much of the NYC days and
> station stops.
> Brake squeal and smoke. Engineer knows his
> stuff.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0282 seconds