Home Open Account Help 254 users online

Passenger Trains > 3 with Semaphores

Date: 04/22/15 17:56
3 with Semaphores
Author: trainboy03

In response to this thread  http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,3722190

Here my dad (Bill)'s video of #3 at WSS Watrous, NM on 4/15/2015.  It was very windy during his whole visit, but you take what you can get.

Bill uploaded a view of #4 coming into Las Vegas on 4/15 to Flickr, it was too big to email to me:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/24947693@N04/16619551143/

Erik (& Bill!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/15 18:03 by trainboy03.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/22/15 18:51
Re: 3 with Semaphores
Author: mp51w

Nice, but there is too much reflection on the windows to make me out taking the picture of your dad.  LOL!

Date: 04/22/15 19:13
Author: Out_Of_Service

can semaphores be fleeted ... the wb signal immediately goes to proceed (normal speed) as soon as the train clears the interlocking

Posted from Android

Date: 04/22/15 21:28
Author: RutledgeRadio

Out_Of_Service Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> can semaphores be fleeted ... the wb signal
> immediately goes to proceed (normal speed) as soon
> as the train clears the interlocking
>
> Posted from Android

This is TWC ABS territory, so I believe the default aspect with no trains present is clear, as opposed to CTC which defaults to stop, unless a route has been set by the dispatcher. Since this is one of only two trains per day on this line, once it clears the block the signals go right back to the clear position.

Date: 04/23/15 11:00
Author: iliketrains

I agree.  Why did the opposite signal not clear but go to the yellow position?

Date: 04/23/15 13:06
Author: trainboy03

At the other end of the siding (east siding switch), as soon as a train (WB in this case) clears the switch, the signal to exit the siding goes clear, assuming a train is waiting in the siding, while the mainline continues to display stop.  This signal at the west switch can only go to approach since the next signal at the east switch is displaying stop.  Once the westbound clears the next block beyond the siding, all eastbound signals at the siding will display clear.  That's just how the ATSF set up the ABS on this line.

Erik

Date: 04/24/15 13:58
Author: UP951West

Like this one. Enjoyed the semaphore action with the SW Chief. Thanks for sharing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds