Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Passenger Trains > Does anyone know the status of former SP 151 "Pine Bluff"?

Date: 05/27/15 17:32
Does anyone know the status of former SP 151 "Pine Bluff"?
Author: DocJones

The "Pine Bluff" is a former SP (former Cotton Belt) business car that used to live in Arcadia, CA I had the chance to take two rides on the car, one to San Diego and one to Salt Lake City. Some years after the owner, Todd Peterson, died the car was sold and left Arcadia. I've heard various accounts of its fate but have not inquired for several years. My last information was that it had been sold to a movie prop company and was languishing in a yard somewhere around La Mirada. Any information on its current status would be much appreciated.

I did a little more research and the car was listed as MREX 151 owned by Monad Rail Equipment Co.

Here's the TrainOrders.com post on the Salt Lake trip.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2125768

Have fun, be safe,
Bruce "Doc" Jones   Sierra Madre CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/15 17:39 by DocJones.

Date: 05/27/15 19:06
Re: Does anyone know the status of former SP 151 "Pine Bluff"?
Author: px320

The previous owner passed away several years ago.  The car lanquished and was vandalized.  It is now owned by Monad Ry Equipment in La Mirada, CA.  It should return to service someday. So far as I know it last ran on an AAPRCO convention train in 1998

Date: 05/28/15 12:15
Re: Does anyone know the status of former SP 151 "Pine Bluff"?
Author: DocJones

That's good to know it might still be "alive". It did suffer some while it was in Arcadia and not receiving regular attention. When I took my trips on it, it still had the original dark mahogany interior from its days as an SP business car.

Have fun, be safe,
Bruce "Doc" Jones   Sierra Madre CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds