Home Open Account Help 211 users online

Passenger Trains > Adirondack Scenic RR & Thomas: A Bird's Eye View

Date: 06/26/15 18:33
Adirondack Scenic RR & Thomas: A Bird's Eye View
Author: ut-1

A friend of mine recently bought a drone. He's not a railfan, but knows that I am.

So, we headed down to the tracks today expecting only to check out the NYS&W Utica, NY yard and, sure enough, a video of the NYS&W segment will soon be posted on the Eastern Board.

However, big dip of serendipity: the Adirondack Scenic Railroad was at work, taking a string of passenger cars northbound out of Utica with every child's favorite locomotive, Thomas, bringing up the markers.

This short video captures the Adk Scenic action. Hope you enjoy the unusual perspective.

NOTE: Inasmuch as drone video contains no noise whatsoever, I added some music. Please hit "mute" if you'd rather not hear the accompanying music!

John

WA2SKN  __ . __ .  __ __ . __

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/26/15 18:52
Re: Adirondack Scenic RR & Thomas: A Bird's Eye View
Author: PHall

Enjoy your drones now while you can.  Two idiots flying their drones in the "No Fly Zone" over forest fires in California this week caused ALL of the aerial fire fighting aircraft to be grounded for two days in a row this week.
Expect some draconian laws in the very near future...    Stupid, frickin' idiots...

Date: 06/26/15 19:17
Author: andersonb109

Not to mention the idiot who flew his into the White House grounds!

Date: 06/26/15 19:54
Author: RevRandy

Excellent - thank you - that's my northern "home" station and love the perspective from the air  -- will be arriving there Tuesday night on 49

Date: 06/26/15 20:06
Author: wabash2800

Thanks for sharing.  Too bad the RR is going to have some track pulled up in favor of a trail.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/15 10:36 by wabash2800.

Date: 06/27/15 06:02
Author: santafedan

What about copyrights to the music? You are broadcasting the video.  Asking because I had to be very careful in my past line of work. 

Date: 06/27/15 07:45
Author: ut-1

santafedan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What about copyrights to the music? You are
> broadcasting the video.  Asking because I had to
> be very careful in my past line of work. 

It's free-use: https://freemusicarchive.org/music/Cory_Gray/Carcrashlander_Instrumentals/Anthills

Date: 06/27/15 11:43
Author: santafedan

OK

Date: 06/27/15 15:39
Author: agrafton

Beautifully done, I to use music free for my drone videos. As for the idiots flying irresponsibly just like gun owners some good some bad
I have a drone and I have a gun and use them both responsibly. It's all about values do you have any or not!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0744 seconds