Home Open Account Help 263 users online

Passenger Trains > Man Charged With Domestic Assault on Amtrak Train

Date: 06/28/15 16:30
Man Charged With Domestic Assault on Amtrak Train
Author: GenePoon

Man Charged With Domestic Assault on Amtrak Train
WNEW
June 28, 2015

CUMBERLAND, Md. — Police say an Ohio man was arrested for an alleged domestic assault that occurred aboard an Amtrak train in western Maryland.

Cumberland police say 27-year-old Anthony Carter of Youngstown, Ohio, was arrested Saturday evening as the train was stopped at the station in Cumberland. Police say they interviewed train conductors and witnesses who reported that a man had bitten and tried to choke a woman.

Police say the woman reported that she was traveling with Young. He was arrested and charged with second-degree assault and disorderly conduct. He was awaiting a bail review on Sunday.

LINK:

Man Charged with Domestic Assault Aboard Amtrak Train

Date: 06/28/15 19:27
Re: Man Charged With Domestic Assault on Amtrak Train
Author: korotaj

Drunks, dopers, chokers, biters, and wild deranged smokers lusting for the next smoke stop---step right up and buy a ticket (but don't pay cash and make sure it's a round trip, or you might be part of the show): a great rolling (most of the time) adventure!

Date: 06/28/15 20:10
Author: RuleG

korotaj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Drunks, dopers, chokers, biters, and wild deranged
> smokers lusting for the next smoke stop---step
> right up and buy a ticket (but don't pay cash and
> make sure it's a round trip, or you might be
> part of the show): a great rolling (most of the
> time) adventure!

Over the years, I've encountered only a few people fitting your description.  Most of my experiences with other Amtrak passengers have been much more positive.   As Edna St. Vincent Millay wrote:

"My heart is warm with friends I make,
And better friends I'll not be knowing;
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,
No matter where it's going."

Even Amtrak :)

Date: 06/29/15 01:09
Author: ClubCar

And this has happened on some air trips also where a passenger has been drunk and unruly.  It can occur anywhere, not just on trains.  We live in a different world today.

Date: 06/29/15 05:28
Author: korotaj

And worse of all it happens in cars and probably contributes to many highway injuries and deaths.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0305 seconds