Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Passenger Trains > Todays NWP Amtrak NASCAR Special from a different point of view

Date: 06/28/15 22:02
Todays NWP Amtrak NASCAR Special from a different point of view
Author: weather

This is the thrid year of the Amrtrak NASCAR special from Sacramento to Sears Point over a Cal.P. CFNR-NWP routing. I decided to ride the train back from Searts Point after the race.  I tried shooting from the inside with mixed results.  The first image is the southern approach to the Schellville year showing loads and empties in the yard..  The second shot shows passing the deadling in the Schellville Yard with a former NWP SD-9.  Next up is the NWP Schellville station with the engine compound in the background.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/15 22:04 by weather.

Date: 06/28/15 22:11
Re: Todays NWP Amtrak NASCAR Special from a different point of vi

Here is the back up from NASCAR on 116 at the east Schellville crossing. Another view east of Schellville. Approach to Brazos Bridge.

Date: 06/28/15 22:17

The third image in th series is crossing over Brazos Bridge.

Date: 06/28/15 22:25
Author: roadman3313

Nice to see from a different point of view. Thanks for posting! What was the consist and passenger load like? I know from previous years it has been rather long (and rather successful!).

Date: 06/28/15 22:30

This is the Kendall Jackson Winewry warehouse at the Napa Aiport Industrial Park and is responsible for a large portion of G&W California Northern R.R.  The next image shows Thompson Corner, a Bar located next to the Cordelia Fire House, where I have been a volunteer since l1989. Farther east in the Busch Yard, we passed the U.P. LRD-90 the Roseville-Fasirfield turn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/15 22:44 by weather.

Date: 06/28/15 22:37

Did I mention that my Son, Ben was the engineer?  Here are a couple of shots showing the consist at the Suisun-Fairfield Deport with engines on each end.  Text and Photos of Mike Pechner

Date: 06/28/15 22:59

Here is an image of the rock tunnel between Cordelia and Busch.  The last two show the pastoral landsscape between Schellville and Napa Jct. with the Brazos Bridge in the distance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/15 23:00 by weather.

Date: 06/29/15 02:07
Author: mundo

How many  snack/cafe cars did the train have?

Date: 06/29/15 03:10
Author: DFWJIM

Nice photos! Does the crew get to see part of the race?

Date: 06/29/15 12:13
Author: sactobob

mundo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How many  snack/cafe cars did the train have?

I'm not sure, but I think they just put together two regular 5-car Capitol Corridor consists, which would result in two cafe cars and eight coaches.

Date: 07/01/15 20:09
Author: PasadenaSub

Wow, that is a lot of cars for a single P42.  I think the Surfliners in SoCal add an extra engine when there are more than 7-8 cars.  But then again, there are a few grades on the line from Santa Barbara to San Diego.

Nice photos from a different perspective Mike.  Thanks much for sharing them.

Rich

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0661 seconds