Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Passenger Trains > Iconic PE structure is no more.

Date: 06/29/15 08:31
Iconic PE structure is no more.
Author: px320

The last remaining structure from the Pacific Electric's 4 track main from downtown Los Angeles to South Pasadena in rapidly disappearing.

These pics were taken on the 25th as I was leaving LA on my way home to Arizona following the Mossbrae Daylight trip.

I remember riding the Red Cars over this line in the 40's when my mother would take me downtown to meet my dad at the old Richfield Building so we could go to dinner at Clifton's Cafeteria.

Date: 06/29/15 08:40
Re: Iconic PE structure is no more.
Author: IC_2024

Didn't really know about this and it's sad to see a final vestige of the P.E. come down erasing yet another piece of history. Thanks for sharing the neat memory of riding the red cars with your mom, too!

Date: 06/29/15 08:45
Author: px320

I should have mentioned that this bridge is at the junction of Huntington Drive, Mission Road and Soto St.

The first pic was taken driving east on Mission Rd preparing to transition to Huntington Dr.

The second pic was taken driving west on Huntington Dr. at the transition to Mission Rd.

Soto Street went over the bridge.

Date: 06/29/15 09:45
Author: Crabbshell

Sad indeed. My father took us as often as he could because he knew it woulod be gone! Cliftons the best, thanks and have a great day

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds