Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Passenger Trains > fun and games on 98 (29)

Date: 06/29/15 15:07
fun and games on 98 (29)
Author: RevRandy

on the northbound Meteor from MIA to NYP today. Doing well in general with some time lost to double stops, heavy baggage loads, road construction (flagging through crossing, etc. But out off Jacksonville, FL only 37 minutes down.

at Jacksonville, a father and son occupying 2 rooms in the 9810 car were invited/ordered off the train, checked bag retrieved from the baggage car, etc. Word is the father went beyond posted signs limiting access, was warned, would not comply.

Watched the conductor deal with it calmly, firmly, professionally.

have to say our entire crew, from car attendants to diner staff to Café attendant are cheerful and politen with expressed thanks for our ridership and a respectful minimal use of the loudspeaker announcements.

ironic side note: I am in the same room I was in coming south on 97 (19) .... Not just corresponfing car and same room number, but the actual room. Strategically placed duct tape does not lie! So I know it's a quiet, no rattle room.

Date: 06/29/15 15:20
Re: fun and games on 98 (29)
Author: RNinRVR

After the trips back and forth, no cleaning crew removed the duck tape, that is amazing. What did the guy try to do, go into the baggage car or something.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/15 15:20 by RNinRVR.

Date: 06/29/15 16:16
Re: fun and games on 98 (29)
Author: RevRandy

where I had put the tape would not have been seen by cleaners. I believe he tried to go into the baggage car and then at JAX went into the refueling area.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0286 seconds