Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Passenger Trains > Breakfast on the Autotrain

Date: 07/05/15 08:02
Breakfast on the Autotrain
Author: sums007

Unlike the other online menus at amtrak.com, the Autotrain does not show a menu for breakfast.  What's on the menu?

Date: 07/05/15 08:17
Re: Breakfast on the Autotrain
Author: moltensulphur

Cold breakfast. So-called "Continental". Supposedly due to the early arrival time at the end-points - 9:00 AM. In my opinion, pretty lousy.

Date: 07/05/15 08:45
Author: NGotwalt

It is continental breakfast, cereal, muffins, fruit, etc. it's do to the large number of passengers needed to be fed in a short period of time. It's not as good as other Amtrak breakfasts, but it isn't bad either.
Nick

Date: 07/05/15 09:32
Author: sums007

Thanks for those answers!  Have a great afternoon!

Date: 07/06/15 08:25
Author: RFandPFan

moltensulphur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cold breakfast. So-called "Continental".
> Supposedly due to the early arrival time at the
> end-points - 9:00 AM. In my opinion, pretty lousy.

I grew up in the 60's with a Mother that worked full-time.  So breakfast was usually cold cereal.  Instead of Continental, they should call it "Nostalgic Breakfast"!  LOL

Date: 07/06/15 21:21
Author: jp1822

What happens when the Auto Train runs late (e.g. arrival at 1 pm or even 2 pm into Virginia). Still continental? Doubt there are any provisions onboard to do a full breakfast. Amtrak "stew" for brunch?

It's an interesting train where the onboard dining crew stays aboard to serve dinner into the evening. Then they retire to the Superliner Trans/Dorm sleeper - quite full with Amtrak staff since the food staff is large. Put out a contiental breakfast and then wait for the next day evening departure to serve dinner all over again.......... 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds