Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Passenger Trains > The Adirondacks, By Rail!!

Date: 08/02/15 07:17
The Adirondacks, By Rail!!
Author: ut-1

It was a fine day for railfanning yesterday here in Upstate NY.

My intention was simply to video Adirondack Scenic's Utica-Thendara run. I did so and here's a short (2:30) video. I especially like the scenes where the train is approaching an old milepost, H34. H is for Herkimer, the long-ago southern terminus of this line. The mileposts still read "H" though, all the way to "H58" in Thendara.

Anyhow, upon my return, before heading home I stopped to get a small ice cream cone. A short while later, I then noticed a few railcars parked on the NYS&W's Utica branch ( http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,3807769 ). So, quite unexpectedly, I spent a few hours chasing them.

Running across the unexpected: I'm sure all of you have experienced something similar when checking out the rail scene.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/02/15 08:37
Re: The Adirondacks, By Rail!!
Author: Auburn_Ed

The #1835 sure deserves the title 'honorary steam locomotive'.

Ed

Date: 08/02/15 11:19
Author: RevRandy

Caught the motorcars crossing French Road by Chanatry's on Saturday -- heading east on the old West Shore main, now a Susquehanna Industrial spur that connects to the old New York, Ontario, and Western Utica main which is part of that same spur.

Date: 08/02/15 11:52
Author: gaspeamtrak

Thanks for sharing!!!

Date: 08/03/15 06:26
Author: RFandPFan

Really nice video, thanks for posting.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds