Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Passenger Trains > Person on track today...Cal-P Suisun , Ca.

Date: 08/26/15 22:07
Person on track today...Cal-P Suisun , Ca.
Author: SN1005

Don from Napa Ca..8-26-2015

Wed. I volunteer at WRM.ORG.  I arrive about 10 AM at old Cordelia crossing, Suisun, on the Cal-P  U. P.
I listen to scanner.( Ham ) to hear # 6 hit MP-45, about two miles West.  I waited 10 minutes and left to museum.

Of coure detector went off as I drove away.  A capital...20 axils.....by the way "motor mouth " was ds today.  Have not heard him here for a ccouple of years.
So I took short cut to end of Sacramento St, Suisun where I coud see train.  Another car there.  Another foamer, no.

A young lady with  about a 4 year old up on main line taking a picture of him sitting on main rail..
The train already had hit detector, so was 2 minutes away.  She picked up kid and moved back to wave at train holding the boy ( son ? )

I had my  point and shot and grbbed these two pics.

All I could say to her trhat it was a dangerous thing to do.!!!!  I just pasted my 54 Th anneversary with the same women and I  know you can not tell them very much, so left ..
scene...      PICTURES REVERSED...ALWAYS GET IT WRONG...

No # 6 ----Don in Napa

Date: 08/26/15 22:20
Re: Person on track today...Cal-P Suisun , Ca.
Author: amtrakwolverine

Charge her with child endangerment.

Date: 08/26/15 22:46
Author: wa4umr

That long dress and sandals (probably) were not the best choice for mobility over the rails and on the coarse ballast.  Yep, she's looking for trouble.

Hopefully you told her (and she listened) that it was trespassing and dangerous.  There are safe places to watch the train but where she was sasn't one of them.  Kind of a tight line to walk between advising her of the dangers and "Mind your own business."

John

Date: 08/27/15 00:52
Author: Out_Of_Service

i personally can't watch somebody in a dangerous situation and mind my own business ...

case in point ... we were working at Holmesburg Jct one day ... Holmesburg in the northeast part of Philly on the NEC is also the location of a correctional center and 99% of the people visiting the prisoners take the Septa local trains ( Amtrak don't stop) and use the station ... i was in charge of the work and as i had mentioned previous threads i worked with the brothas most of my career ...

well on this day we were working on the Bustleton Branch and i was in the parking lot and one my co workers was having a chat on the platform with another brotha he knew that had just came from the prison visiting someone ... as they were talking another guy on the other side of the platform starts talking to the guy my co worker was talking to ... well the guy on my side decides to walk over to the inner track fence and stand there as he converses with the other guy ...

he's STANDING in the middle of the gage on 125mph #3 track the normal wb high speed Amtrak track which has a curve directly east of the station ... trains once they're seen coming around the curve at 125mph are rolling through the station in 3-4 seconds ...

seeing the imminent dangerous situation this moron was in, i start yelling at the guy to get off the track ... needless to say this guy DID NOT take my yelling at him lightly especially in front of people he knew and the whole feeling disrespected thing (which is a big deal in the world of the black man) ...

this guy now really pissed off storms off the track and comes over to me and now he's pointing his finger at me saying "don't you ever yell at me MUTHA F%#@ER" and continues to confront me ...

as this moron ( who was as big as William "THE FRIDGE" Perry and could've snapped me like a twig) kept yellin at me, an Acela comes roarin by on #3 track ... i said to him, not yelling trying deescalate the situation, "you should be thanking me because if you were still where you were you'd be dead after that train came through ...

he didn't get it and was still callin me every name in the book ... after a minute of his verbal barrage a Septa train came into the station and he took off to catch it ... after he left the co worker came over and said to me "are you crazy ... that guy wanted to kill you and all he had to do was pull the piece he was packin" ...

i said to my co worker ... "he didn't get hit did he plus i didn't feel like walking the track looking at body parts strewn all over the tracks ... as for the gun and the prison ... he had somebody with him that holds it and waits outside while he goes inside ...

would i do it again ... absolutely ...

Date: 08/27/15 07:37
Author: Auburn_Ed

Nope, just leave 'em alone.  You can't tell ANYBODY anything anymore.  That's the problem.  It all started with "you can't tell me what to do....".  Think about it.

Ed

Date: 08/27/15 09:00
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Soap and water will clean up that little mess on the front of Acela from the ignorant twit that demands in all his foul language to be r'spect'd. If you put your fingers in yor ears, you won't hear much more.

Date: 08/27/15 09:59

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nope, just leave 'em alone.  You can't tell
> ANYBODY anything anymore.  That's the problem. 
> It all started with "you can't tell me what to
> do....".  Think about it.
>
> Ed

dcfbalcoS1 Wrote:
>      Soap and water will clean up that little
> mess on the front of Acela from the ignorant twit
> that demands in all his foul language to be
> r'spect'd. If you put your fingers in yor ears,
> you won't hear much more.

oh my language rivaled his in every way ...

but sorry guys i respectfully disagree ...

1st off my parents didn't bring me up that way ... my pop INSTILLED in me through example everyday he was alive "TO ALWAYS DO THE RIGHT THING" ... something i found very challenging at first when i was younger but something i understood more as i got older ...

2ndly as a human being i can't turn my head when someone, no matter who it is, is in harms way ... again i wasn't brought up that way ...

a perfect example is when i had just got married living in an apt complex with the pool directly across the parking lot from my place ... me and the wife are laying in bed and we hear a female voice kinda yelling "help me" ...

i look at out window of our 2nd floor apt and i see ripples in the water but no person ... i go back in bed and i hear it again and i say to the wife i'm goin out there and as i get to the pool there's a very plump female in the middle of the pool ... eliminating a lot of details ... i get the woman out while all my neighbors at their windows watchin the action but no one came out to help ... 2 days later i see the same woman laying in the middle of the street tryin to get run over ... my wife says to me " you wasted your time" i replied by sayin " i'd do the same thing if it happened again"

3rdly as an employee i am/was obligated by the company to protect the property and trains from ANYTHING that could put the company in jeopardy and disrupt Amtrak service as a whole ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/15 10:15 by Out_Of_Service.

Date: 08/27/15 11:06
Author: gaspeamtrak

Right On! Out_Of _Service. You try do your best and the world keeps shitting on you. But like you said you were brought up by your parents with good values and you just grin and bear it! :D All the best!!!

Date: 08/27/15 12:43
Author: ProAmtrak

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
>
> Ed

Yeah and that's why society's still sliding downhill, it sucks!

Date: 08/28/15 09:41
Author: CPRR

"no speken Englishhh"

Date: 08/28/15 10:11
Author: RS11

I'm ready for the blowback on this but where is the balance in these tresspasser incidences?  I might be tempted to shout out a warning to this woman and child but I wouldn't tell her what to do or lecture her.  As to some other tresspasser walking down the tracks...if it looks like they have done that before then I don't bother with them unless I know something (like a train around the corner coming at them going 50), then it might only be a warning.

I don't lecture railfans about the dangers on the tracks.  They know better and still do things that are "against the rules."  Big deal.  Actions have consequences.  The woman and child in the photo aren't railfans and are not aware of the danger they are in so a warning is required IMHO.

I've never lost sleep because I didn't lecture or warn someone of the dangers of being on the tracks.

My point is all acts of tresspassing are not the same.  Yes, they are all tresspassing, but they all don't demand self righteous confrontation.

Balance. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/15 10:23 by RS11.

Date: 08/28/15 19:11
Author: cchan006

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
>
> Ed

I think the OP did the right thing. Tell them of the dangers, and let them make up their own minds. You do what you can and move on.

Few years ago, we (jmf1910 and I) spotted 3 people trying to take a short cut to Drawbridge by walking the tracks from Alviso. Since they were several yards away, I had to yell, but I told them without being grumpy or nasty that there were trains (plural) coming. They thanked us but ignored our advice, and kept going. (Yes, I've posted this story before)

I didn't get angry or felt like ranting because the fools didn't block our shots. :-)

Date: 08/28/15 22:22

i've seen cooleagues and strangers laying deqd afte they got hit ... a couple were in one piece ... the others were splattered all down the RofW ...

if all you "let them be'ers" ever saw soomeone get hit as it happened or saw the aftermath of someone's body parts spread all over the tracks and surrounding area, you all might think twice about just letting someone who is ignorant to the danger they're in just hang around a live railroad ... at least i hope that would be the case so i could my faith in my fellow man ...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0702 seconds