Home Open Account Help 408 users online

Passenger Trains > Extra cars on tonight's Hoosier State

Date: 09/02/15 19:07
Extra cars on tonight's Hoosier State
Author: WrongMain

Tonight's Iowa Pacific equipped Hoosier State had four additional passenger cars behind the regular train set.  Following engine 4137 was an Illinois Central inspired painted car named "Belleville."  It had no Iowa Pacific lettering on it that I could see, just "Pullman" above the windows.  Next up were two graffittied cars lettered SLRG 145 and SLRG 149.  Bringing up the rear was a stainless steel car with "Mid America" above the windows.  There was a name below the windows, but I couldn't make it out.  Any guesses on whether or not these cars will join the Iowa Pacific fleet?

Date: 09/02/15 19:14
Re: Extra cars on tonight's Hoosier State
Author: GenePoon

I believe "Belleville" already is.  SLRG is an Iowa Pacific property, so those are, too.

Date: 09/02/15 19:46
Author: WrongMain

GenePoon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe "Belleville" already is.  SLRG is an
> Iowa Pacific property, so those are, too.

I should have phrased my question a little differently.  I was wondering if and when these cars would run on the Hoosier State, or if they were to be used in other capacities.

Date: 09/02/15 19:51
Author: eee

We have a shop in Whiteland, IN.  The cars are enroute to the shop for repairs/upgrades.  Belleville is a sleeping car, but the others could be used on the Hoosier State when completed.

WrongMain Wrote:
  I was wondering if and when these
> cars would run on the Hoosier State, or if they
> were to be used in other capacities.

Date: 09/03/15 03:24
Author: andersonb109

I believe "Belleville" is ex. "Silver Quail" now owed by Iowa Pacific.

Date: 09/03/15 05:42
Author: Carondelet

From the IPH vs. Butterworth Tours thread:
Silver Quail now soldiers on, leased to Pullman Rail Journeys as their "Belleville"

Date: 09/03/15 19:49
Author: tlynch67

​Belleville is a Bedroom/Compartment Sleeping car. It was once "Silver Quail" (California Zephyr). I rode her from Hollywood Florida to Chicago last January.

Date: 09/04/15 16:45
Author: timecruncher

Would like to see another coach available for this train soon as possible.  I've tried to book a seat a week or two out and found the train "sold out."

Of course, Amtrak still shows the train as "coach only," in their great wisdom.  I can only surmise that the improved service has been well-recieved.

timecruncher

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds