Home Open Account Help 224 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Rare Mileage Autumn Excursion Train

Date: 10/05/15 15:53
Amtrak Rare Mileage Autumn Excursion Train
Author: DonNadeau

10/24 & 25 Tickets on sale 10/6 tomorrow.

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=am/am2Station/Station_Page&code=AXP

Photo I took on an Ed Ellis excursion on Pam Am from Boston to Mechanicsville several years ago. This will be a great trip!

Date: 10/05/15 16:05
Re: Amtrak Rare Mileage Autumn Excursion Train
Author: DonNadeau

More info a friend just emailed >
:
Amtrak Autumn Express to travel through
Hoosac Tunnel on Oct. 24 & 25
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mass Bar RRE has been informed that Amtrak will operate its third annual "Amtrak Autumn Express" on Saturday, October 24 and Sunday, October 25, 2015. The train will originate at the Albany-Rennsaeler Station and operate to Schenectady, via CP to Mechanicville and via Pan Am to North Adams and through the Hoosac Tunnel to East Deerfield, where the train will be wyed for the return trip to Albany via the same route. 

Here are the details:
Depart ALB 8:00 AM, return ~6:00 PM
Depart SDY ~8:20 AM
These are the only two boarding locations!

Capacity: 560 passengers each day.
Fare: $129, includes box lunch in commemorative bag.
Train number: 805

Tickets go on sale at 10:00 AM EDT on Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at www.amtrak.com or by calling Amtrak at 1-800-872-7245 (1-800-USA-RAIL).

Last year's Autumn Express trip out of Philadelphia sold out 1600 seats in a matter of minutes.

http://files.ctctcdn.com/e73863ab001/045f5955-fb43-452f-9ee1-391b79cd42c3.jpg=12ptDID YOU KNOW? Discounted member fares are offered for all Mass Bay RRE excursions. Join Mass Bay RRE today and save up to $10 off your ticket price for this and every Mass Bay RRE excursion. Plus, use your Mass Bay RRE membership card to get discounted admissions to over 15 New England tourist railroads and railroad museums.

Date: 10/05/15 17:46
Author: ST214

I know tickets don't go on sale until tomorrow, but how do you book this online? I have never done one of these special Amtrak trips and do not know what to put in the boxes for this. I am going to be at work tomorrow at 10, so I am going to have to jump on my phone for a minute and book it online.

Date: 10/05/15 20:16
Author: R30A

Book on one of the days with the origin code of ALB or SDY, and a destination of AXP. 

Date: 10/06/15 04:10
Author: mbrotzman

Looks like Amtrak managed to leverage their good relationship with NS again.  Shame that they aren't running the train from NYP seeing as there is no Empire connection that arrives in ALB that early.  I wonder if Amtrak could start running multiple fall trains a year to better serve both the New Englange and Philadelphia markets.

Date: 10/06/15 07:19
Author: ST214

R30A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Book on one of the days with the origin code of
> ALB or SDY, and a destination of AXP. 

Thanks. Just booked my tickets!

Date: 10/06/15 13:17
Author: nm2320

Thank you. Purchased 2.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds