Home Open Account Help 223 users online

Passenger Trains > Palmetto (by itself) OT

Date: 11/24/15 07:06
Palmetto (by itself) OT
Author: twropr

On Oct. 26, Amtrak began cancelling NY-WAS train #181 and adding three NY-WAS coaches to the head-end of PALMETTO #89.  #89 was late into WAS on every trip so far.
Today marks the beginning the the Thanksgiving holiday schedules, which feature #89 running by itself and extra train #1181 running as a NY-WAS train.  #89 was on time and #1181 11" AHD.
As I've said many times before, Amtrak has forgotten how to run a "big" train (10 cars or more) over the NEC.
Andy

Date: 11/24/15 07:53
Re: Palmetto (by itself) OT
Author: joemvcnj

It is not so much a function of a "big" train, but of a 2 section train.
If the Washington and Savannah sections were each 2 cars, each station stop would still be a Chinese Fire drill because there is no operating plan...because there is no attentiveness to detail at Amtrak

Date: 11/24/15 08:24
Re: Palmetto (by itself) OT
Author: Lackawanna484

I've observed OBS personnel on the platform at Newark NJ telling people to go back to the "Georgia car" or ahead to the "Virginia car".  Don't know if that's standard practice, but I've observed it a number of times over the years.  It makes sense if you know the Virginia car will empty out in time for newcomers from the Carolinas, etc.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0513 seconds