Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Passenger Trains > New Houston Sunset move?

Date: 11/24/15 15:04
New Houston Sunset move?
Author: Txhighballer

I happened upon the departure of the eastbound Sunset Limited today, doing something I had never seen them do before. They came up the freight main, then took the connection up the Rabbit out to Belt Junction, then got on the former Mop to Beaumont. Normal procedure was to run up the passenger main out of downtown, pull through Tower 26, then back west past the Rabbit connection, then go east. My though was they backed from the passenger station to Cheney Junction ( where the freight main and the passenger main split west of downtown), then pulled down the freight main before going east at Tower 26. Anyone have any info as to whether this is the new way they are doing this or was this a one time thing?

Date: 11/24/15 15:33
Re: New Houston Sunset move?
Author: kk5ol

The move you describe is doneĀ @ dispatchers discression. There was probably traffic fouling Twr 26. It's not a new move but it is infrequent.

RailNet802, out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/15 08:18 by kk5ol.

Date: 11/24/15 15:52
Author: Txhighballer

There was a rail gang working on the West Belt main in the vicinity of Tower 26, so that might account for it...

Date: 11/24/15 16:19
Author: czephyr17

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds