Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Passenger Trains > #11 Stuck in SAC?

Date: 11/26/15 08:43
#11 Stuck in SAC?
Author: ExStarlightHog

I see #11 arrived SAC about 7:34, but seems to still be there.  Can't they get a crew that wants to work Thanksgiving?  Think of all that big money to be made.

Date: 11/26/15 13:10
Re: #11 Stuck in SAC?
Author: casco17

Guess they found a crew...estimated arrival at Salinas is 1:37 pm (1 hour, 49 minutes late)....

Date: 11/26/15 18:36
Author: BoilingMan

Was it indeed a crew that caused the delay, or did you guys just make that up?
(It's okay if you did- this is the passenger page)
SR

Date: 11/26/15 18:56
Author: TrainRyder

Last Thursday I asked the AC if they were signing off for Thanksgiving, having turkey on the train or at the hotel in SLO - the comment was "at the hotel".  The crew out of SAC this morning was the "regular" Thursday team.  As for the delay today in SAC, I was told by the AC that there was a 'problem watering the train'.  Could it have been a frozen spigot problem?

Date: 11/26/15 19:26
Author: jp1822

It's a little too coincidental that both #11 and #14 had delays (#14 really taking a hit) passing through Sacramento in the wee hours of early Thursday morning (#14) and then later on in the morning for #11. Coast Starlight #14 did not get out of Sacramento till 2:10 am. Then #11 had a 1 hour delay (factoring in time it was already late upon arrival).

For the Coast Starlight crew points are Sacramento to San Jose/Bay Area right? And although padding often helped get the train makeup time, my experiences over the past two years have been the opposite (and that's without having to add or take off private cars). I've often noticed the boarding process at either Emeryville or Oakland to languish on more than what it really should.

Out of all the segments of the Coast Starlight, I would think this segment would have been the simpler one to staff - if indeed it was a staff issue. 

I understand what a frozen "spigot" is - but really?   

Date: 11/26/15 23:59
Author: jeffgeldner

It is possible- a cold front came through, dropping temperatures to below freezing in the area...

Jeff Geldner
Yosemite National Park, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/15 01:21 by jeffgeldner.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0479 seconds