Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Passenger Trains > #11 not moving

Date: 02/09/16 00:54
#11 not moving
Author: korotaj

On #11 now "half hour" N of Dunsmuir not moving because of a freight train "emergency" ahead somewhere. Anybody have any info? No talk of bustitution yet.

Date: 02/09/16 06:11
Re: #11 not moving

Three hours down. Freight train brake issue according to rumor mill.

Date: 02/09/16 06:32

Conductor says air hose break, 5 hour delay for freight, finally got it moving.

Date: 02/09/16 08:15
Author: SP4360

5 hour air hose? That must be a new record for a hose. Must be more to the story, like couldn't get it unscrewed, broken off in the coupling, something.

korotaj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Conductor says air hose break, 5 hour delay for
> freight, finally got it moving.

Posted from Android

Date: 02/09/16 10:15
Author: TCnR

Last week they lost the trainline on a car. They had to find a carman with a hose ( I presume they went around it with a hose, not sure if that's they preferred method anymore) to get across the car, it sounded like they had to drive down from KF. I'm sure there's some sort of inspection required for that as well.

Date: 02/09/16 10:46
Author: goneon66

maybe the train had to be tied down.........

Date: 02/09/16 11:07
Author: ValvePilot

Where were the utility men?
No bid in utility jobs to protect against these kind of occurances?

Date: 02/09/16 11:14
Author: TCnR

Just a reminder that there's a RR Radio feed for Dunsmuir hosted by Mr Photo Bob.

I also notice the Chico Feed has a great deal of info including the Valley and Feather River areas, the Dispatcher seems to include the Dunsmuir area and the Valley areas at times.

Date: 02/09/16 15:28
Author: ProAmtrak

It seems from what i recall listening to 2 BNSF Freights that had the same problems, normally it's a simple fix, seems like it's getting more and more complicated!

Date: 02/09/16 19:35
Author: jp1822

Always something in the Cascades!!! But I guess any mountain range will have similiar results.

Date: 02/09/16 20:19
Author: coach

A UP man here in Eugene told me his maintenance crew is down to a bare bones skeleton crew (I found out while doing a delivery).  Probably the same in Dunsmuir.  No sense of urgency any more on the RR's.  They just keep getting slower, and slower, and slower...  They hope nothing at all will happen, but when it does, even an air hose--CRISIS! 

Date: 02/09/16 21:36
Author: portlander

If the train broke on the grade abouve Dunsmuir, it's likely that the conductor would have had to tie in the neighborhood of 50 handbrakes. Add that to the response, repair and untie times, it could add up to five hours.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds