Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak reservation errors on website?

Date: 02/29/16 11:03
Amtrak reservation errors on website?
Author: milwrdfan

I made a reservation a couple months ago for a summer trip on Amtrak, and when I went to view it online on amtrak.com using my reservation number and email address, I got the following error: 

Problem with Reservation Number: The reservation number you entered cannot be retrieved on Amtrak.com. For assistance call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).
[Error ID: 171A]

I made the original reservation through an Amtrak agent and not online, but I believe I was previously able to pull up the reservation online though it said that any changes needed to be done via agent and not online.  Does anyone know if this is a temporary problem with their website?  As a test I tried a different random reservation number and it gave a different error (no such reservation number), so I know it's at least hitting its internal database. 

Thanks!
Scott

Date: 02/29/16 11:18
Re: Amtrak reservation errors on website?
Author: The_Chief_Way

Have you tried calling Amtrak?

Date: 02/29/16 12:20
Author: andersonb109

Why not "give Julie a try." I'm sure she can help. She can do anything.

Date: 02/29/16 12:39
Author: joemvcnj

Julie can be rather hard of hearing at times, or can transfer you to an agent when she doesn't hear what she wants to hear.

Date: 02/29/16 17:54
Author: The_Chief_Way

or just punch "zero" to talk to a live person

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.034 seconds