Home Open Account Help 208 users online

Passenger Trains > .

Date: 03/18/16 11:45
Author: F40PHR231

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/21 16:23 by F40PHR231.

Date: 03/18/16 12:25
Re: Denver light-rail system
Author: NewRiverGeorge

Nice pics.
Denver is becoming a world class city. 
Took a long time to get the rapid transit out to the new airport though...that should have been part and parcel of relocating it rather than an add-on afterward.
Ah the taxi and uber driver's worst nightmare is coming true.

Date: 03/18/16 17:52
Author: dan

rail was planned all along, originally in the middle of pena boulevard (road to the airport here, which is like an interstate)

now on the east side of pena ,for closer stations to  development

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/16 09:28 by dan.

Date: 03/19/16 09:11
Author: cchan006

NewRiverGeorge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ah the taxi and uber driver's worst nightmare is
> coming true.

It's pretty exciting to see the transit development in Denver. Thank you F40PHR231 for the report here and that of the renovated Denver Union Station.

Taxi drivers will get plenty of business, because some will need to be hauled from the station stops (wow! new business opportunities!). I don't expect their greedy lobby to understand that, though.

I don't mention Uber because it's just a taxi company with "contractors" and an app. Eventually, taxi and Uber will be the same. Using mobile electronics to find potential business is far more efficient than driving around or sitting around looking for customers, and no matter how stubborn lobbies can be, the taxi companies will eventually realize it because they are greedy. :-)

Date: 03/20/16 08:23
Author: atsf121

Nice series Chris, I can't believe how much the area around Union Station has changed since I last was there on the Zephyr.

Nathan

Date: 03/21/16 22:05
Author: rrman6

Great shots Chris of a clean and neat RTD system.  Getting back to Burnham area now...on image #5 it appears this is the remains of a wrecker derrick less its boom.  RG or UP??  Just wondering what it was and its reporting marks.  

My, why would anyone want to waste the railroads paint when it can be covered so freely and artistically (!!??**#!!).  I always wondered how sometimes-neatly, these low-lifes can apply their effects when they might be doped up.  Taggers need to be used for target practice!!

On your image #6 I'm hoping this is a double-exposure and I'm not seeing the "ghosts of Burnham" here.  Whatever, another good shot!  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds