Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Passenger Trains > San Diego, California MTS Green Line

Date: 05/27/16 14:15
San Diego, California MTS Green Line
Author: africansteam

This past weekend we made a 3-day visit to friends living living in El Cajon,CA.  On previous visits while driving I-8 I had noticed what appeared to be numerous opportunities to capture the bright red train sets in somewhat scenic locations as opposed to the asphalt and concrete jungle of downtown San Diego. So, on this visit I took some time to explore the eastern portion of the San Diego MTS Trolley Green Line for possible photo ops. While I didn’t have a lot of time to devote to the project I was pleased with the results of my efforts as seen here.

1. This is an eastbound train entering the San Diego State university campus - ultimate destination El Cajon. The train will enter a tunnel and circle around to the left of the picture and emerge from another tunnel into a small canyon or draw much like this one.

2. A San Diego bound train emerges from the aforementioned tunnel.

3. Same train on the bridge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/16 14:12 by africansteam.

Date: 05/27/16 14:19
Re: San Diego, California MTS Green Line

4. Same location as viewed from the opposite side of the canyon. A high down angle can be achieved by climbing a staircase leading to a parking structure above and behind me and then climbing the stairs of the parking structure.

5. Bridge level view from one of the lower staircase landings.

6. Entering the tunnel. Photo taken from the sam landing as the above picture.

Date: 05/27/16 14:21

7. Train approaching El Cajon Station.

8. Train inbound  to San Diego from El Cajon Station. Scenery reminds me of the Pacific Electric when I was  kid in LA.

Cheers,
Jack

Date: 05/27/16 14:38
Author: MartyBernard

Very nice set.  I'm glad you had time to do it.

Marty Bernard

Date: 05/27/16 17:44
Author: PasadenaSub

Great photos, #4 and #8 really take the cake!

Rich

Date: 05/27/16 23:54
Author: DNRY122

I remember when the La Mesa-El Cajon Line first opened, someone said it reminded them of the PE Glendale Line, winding around the hills.  Another fan observed that this line make you feel like you're "going somewhere."

Date: 05/28/16 04:30
Author: mp51w

Beautiful images!  That could almost be Europe, at least that's what struck me at first glance.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0638 seconds