Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Passenger Trains > Kitche Gammi Club on Capitol Limited

Date: 05/28/16 07:10
Kitche Gammi Club on Capitol Limited
Author: ddavies

The lanterns make a nice touch of the Kitche Gammi Club carrying the markers of the Capitol, westbound at Shenandoah Junction, WV, last night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/16 07:10 by ddavies.

Date: 05/28/16 07:32
Re: Kitche Gammi Club on Capitol Limited
Author: stone23

Don't I remember that as a NKP car back when I was a teen-ager in Cleveland in the late 1930s?

Date: 05/28/16 08:05
Author: pullmanboss

stone23 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't I remember that as a NKP car back when I was
> a teen-ager in Cleveland in the late 1930s?

Yes. Rebuilt from 10 Section observation MOUNTAIN VIEW in September 1937 and assigned to the NKP in June 1939. It transferred to NKP ownership on 12/31/48 as part of the Pullman divestiture and was immediately leased back to Pullman for operation. Didn't stay leased for very long, the NKP withdrew it in April 1949 and coonverted it to Business Car #7. Its twin, CARLETON CLUB, followed the same path and became Business Car #6.

Tom M.

Date: 05/28/16 12:32
Author: CLA

Check out Virginiarail.com to see more.  Great car to charter, has 8 sections, one queen size bed in a private stateroom, one single bed in a small private room. Also has two restrooms, huge shower, Buffett area and full kitchen. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds