Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Passenger Trains > #5/#6 current consists?

Date: 06/27/16 11:45
#5/#6 current consists?
Author: milwrdfan

At various times throughout history, #5 and #6 have an extra sleeper between Chicago and Denver, and have had an extra coach between Sparks and Emeryville.  Are any of these consist manipulations currently done, or is it the same consist end-to-end right now?

Thanks!
Scott

Date: 06/27/16 12:39
Re: #5/#6 current consists?
Author: dan

end to end i think

Date: 06/27/16 12:43
Author: kbmiflyer

I beleive it is end to end right now.  They do tend to add a third sleeper during the peak summer season, but the whole train goes all the way from Chicago to Emeryville.

My understanding from talking to the crew is that coach is pretty full from Emeryville to Reno and then full again from Denver to Chicago, while the bedrooms tend to not be full from Emeryville to Denver but tend to fill up from Denver to Chicago.

Of course, during the peak summer season (right now), the whole train will be pretty much sold out.

Date: 06/27/16 14:21
Author: Zephyr

Current make-up:  Baggage, sleeper/dorm, 3 coaches, diner, lounge, 3 sleepers...

Date: 06/27/16 14:54
Author: reindeerflame

Zephyr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Current make-up:  Baggage, sleeper/dorm, 3
> coaches, diner, lounge, 3 sleepers...
>  

You will, of course, find lots of days with 30 or 40 on board between Reno and Salt Lake City.

Date: 06/27/16 14:57
Author: KCCharlie

Coach passengers walk through the diner to get to the lounge?   Really?

KCCharlie

Date: 06/27/16 16:17
Author: The_Chief_Way

I think KCCharlie has found an error in reporting !

Date: 06/27/16 18:12
Author: DavidMKetchum

Rode the Pioneer from Cheyenne to Seatle a long time ago.  Five cars: a dorm/sleep; sleeper; diner/lounge and two coaches. Dorm/sleeper had baggage on the lower level and the diner/lounge shared the car.  Only one F-40 and we struggled in the Blue Mountains! Return trip had two F-40's and a total of six or seven cars, plus diner/lounge combo!  We had to wait at Ogden for the Desert Wind, which was late.  The CZ went ahead so as not to lose it's spot, or so we were told, on the RG!   In 2000 rode the CZ from Emeryville to Denver.  Don't remember the car count, but we lost over 50% of passengers in Reno.  Several people in my coach bound for Denver got a sleeper to Denver after Reno.  They de-trained in Denver with me!  This was January!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds