Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Passenger Trains > #7 at Spokane today

Date: 06/30/16 05:21
#7 at Spokane today
Author: Chessie1963

It is showing a service disruption.  #27 is doing just fine toward Portland.

What gives?

Date: 06/30/16 05:52
Re: #7 at Spokane today
Author: Chessie1963

My brother, on board with his wife and son, tells me that there is a freight derailment west of Spokane.  They will be bussed to Seattle.

Date: 06/30/16 17:51
Author: jp1822

Chessie1963 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My brother, on board with his wife and son, tells
> me that there is a freight derailment west of
> Spokane.  They will be bussed to Seattle.

And they can't run the full consist to Portland? Just asking.....not asking for the darts to be thrown. Is Portland not setup for stocking the diner (but Spokane is)? Not enough room to turn the consist? If I was aboard the train, I'd be clamoring to be on the Portland section, just to avoid the bus and then take the Cascade train to Seattle.

Date: 06/30/16 18:17
Author: Auburn_Ed

I was also on the Builder today, finally arrived in Seattle from Spokane by bus at 2:15 pm.  The trains (both) left Spokane on-time this morning.  About 1000 ft. out of the station in Spokane, we (7) were told to STOP, there had just been a derailment near Wenatchee, "down by the bridge" where it would take some time to clear, so buses were ordered.  We backed into the station.  We couldn't leave earlier than 9 am for bus driver rest time.  I'll include more info as I post some photos I took yesterday on Marias Pass.

Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/16 18:19 by Auburn_Ed.

Date: 07/01/16 08:02
Author: joemvcnj

< And they can't run the full consist to Portland? >

The OBS people on the Seattle section are based in Seattle, so I'd imagine they rode the buses home with the passengers. If the cars were diverted to Portland, what's the point other than to make everyone 5+ hours late (and what about people headed east to Seattle and Edmonds) to avoid a bus ride on US2 ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/16 08:04 by joemvcnj.

Date: 07/01/16 09:23
Author: MisterPleasant

What about Stampede Pass?  Yes it would get into Seattle considerably later than normal but Seattle-bound passengers would be spared the inconvenience of switching to a bus, have a nice breakfast, and enjoy some rare mileage. Did they not detour this way back in the 70s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/16 09:27 by MisterPleasant.

Date: 07/01/16 10:00
Author: joemvcnj

Can Stampede Pass clear Superliners ? Amtrak crews aren't qualified on it anyway. Then there's all the intermediate stops missed, which probably affects half the people.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds