Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak #354 AMTK 33, Tuesday, July 19, 2016.

Date: 07/19/16 21:37
Amtrak #354 AMTK 33, Tuesday, July 19, 2016.
Author: Ron

Was out running around Tuesday evening. I just happened to be parked along the Amtrak/NS line trying to get some photographs of the beautiful snow white full moon tonight. I wasn't even aware that there was an Amtrak coming until I saw the gates down at the Kendall Street crossing, but the signal onto the CN was red.

So I got some video of the moon, and when #354 started to pull I turned my attention to him.  I think this video came out pretty good considering it was dark out, and I'd never tried one at this location shooting from the side like this with it going away from me.

Amtrak #354 AMTK 33, Tuesday, July 19, 2016, at about 9:30 PM. At South Kendall Street - MP 121.55 NS Dearborn Division Michigan Line, Battle Creek, Michigan.  Amtrak shows that it arrived 6 minutes early.

For some reason I cannot get a decent photograph of a full moon when it is snow white like tonight. If it's an orange harvest moon, well all of those turn out looking good.

I've attached my best photographs of tonight's moon. The first one is just a photograph. The second one is an image capture from the video.

Ron

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/20/16 10:03
Re: Amtrak #354 AMTK 33, Tuesday, July 19, 2016.
Author: 8notch

Ron nice looking video and great sound also. I do enjoy videos where you can see the aspect lights change.
Robert in Lawrenceville Georgia.

Date: 07/24/16 00:40
Re: Amtrak #354 AMTK 33, Tuesday, July 19, 2016.
Author: Out_Of_Service

nice vid ... the low speed keeps that good looking railroad profile in excellent shape 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds