Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Passenger Trains > Chicago first class lounge

Date: 07/25/16 16:11
Chicago first class lounge
Author: Trainatic

My first time in the new lounge. Very nice indeed. Forgive me if anyone has posted pics already, I hadn't seen any
Joe

Date: 07/25/16 16:14
Re: Chicago first class lounge
Author: Trainatic

Forgot to mention it was 2 story
Also better snacks and drink choices
Joe

Date: 07/26/16 03:57
Author: mp51w

That lounge is just amazing.  I wonder how well the furniture and carpeting will hold up?
The fruit and veggie spread is just a open house type deal.  I believe a worker said it's temporary.
It seems harder to control the entry area than the old lounge.  At train time, they lead you out the hallway by
the bathrooms, but that doesn't really have much advantage, except for the fact that they do board
the sleepers first.  It's still a long hike for those that don't use the red cap people mover.
It's a big step forward, but the congestion and low ceilings of the concourse area are the bigger challenge.
They have a nice information kiosk type deal in the waiting room now.  And it seems to me, people are more
willing than in the past, to wait up in the great hall than in the old days.

Date: 07/26/16 07:49
Author: DavidP

Thanks for posting the pictures.  I also enjoyed the lounge Sunday connnecting from the Cal Zephyr to the Lake Shore.  Unfortunately, I was a day early for one great new innovation - the shower!  After taking a long run on the lakefront on an incredibly hot and sticky afternoon, a shower would have been welcome by both me and those around me :-)   However, although it looked already to go, the lounge attendant told me the shower wasn't opening until Monday morning - oh well.  Having luggage storage is a great benefit as well.  Given the number of people in the lounge making multi-hour, even all day, connections Amtrak would do well to partner with local tour operators and restaurants to give people unfamiliar with the area options to spend some time outside the station. 

Dave

Date: 07/26/16 22:01
Author: GP25

I like that Soda dispenser, seen in the first picture

Jerry Martin
Los Angeles, CA
Central Coast Railroad Festival

Date: 07/27/16 11:32
Author: ABB

The only problem I had was they no longer have a computer for public use.

Date: 07/30/16 07:53
Author: dancollins3

Thanks for the pictures. This has really been upgraded since our last visit about ten years ago.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0754 seconds