Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Passenger Trains > Question about Metra "Lallapalooza" fare.

Date: 07/26/16 06:47
Question about Metra "Lallapalooza" fare.
Author: Englewood

https://www.metrarail.com/about-metra/newsroom/metra-adds-trains-capacity-lollapalooza

Does anyone know if the "unlimited ride" feature is good for the entire system.
Meaning if I bought one at Downer's Grove could I use it on the Heritage for a trip to Joliet.

If it is indeed "unlimited" it would be great for a 4 day excursion of all the Metra lines out of Chicago at
a cost of only $20.   A round trip to Manhattan on the NS and a great circle Chicago (GM&O) Joliet (Rock Island)
Chicago are only two of the possible "excursions" possible.

One caveat for anyone taking advantage of this excursion fare: avoid the late night departures from
Chicago unless you want to witness "how Rome fell".  Burned indelibly in my mind is a trip home from work on
the 1230am out of Randolph St. during the 1980's era "Chicago Fest" at Navy Pier.  Before we got to Kensington
the suburban kids were using the stairway to the upper level as a urinal. More recently following some sort
of "fest" a kid was decapitated on the BN when he decided to open a window and hang his torso out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/16 06:52 by Englewood.

Date: 07/26/16 07:59
Re: Question about Metra "Lallapalooza" fare.
Author: kbmiflyer

This feels like just an extended version of the $8 weekend pass, so I think it would be good for any train, any time.

Agree u could do some fun trips, although the limited service on the SWS and Heritage cooridor might make it a little tougher.

Date: 07/26/16 08:45
Re: Question about Metra "Lallapalooza" fare.
Author: DavidP

Englewood Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> https://www.metrarail.com/about-metra/newsroom/met
> ra-adds-trains-capacity-lollapalooza
>

> One caveat for anyone taking advantage of this
> excursion fare: avoid the late night departures
> from
> Chicago unless you want to witness "how Rome
> fell". 

So that's what did in the Roman Empire?  Music Festivals!  Who knew?

(I'm laughing over a mental image of drunken kids in togas spilling out of the Coliseum, drag racing chariots down the Apian Way, puking in the Forum..."hey c'mon buddy!  That's what we have vomitoreums for!  What's this empire coming too?")

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds