Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Passenger Trains > Disruptions

Date: 08/28/16 20:55
Disruptions
Author: The_Chief_Way

Saturday , protesters shut down things north of Seatttle. Caught in the middle were two Amtrak Cascades, plus the northbound 
Rocky Mountaineer special.   Sounds like a major cluster. Buses were pressed into service.
Sunday evening, several Empire Service trains were down 3 hours or more. Sorry, no info on them.

Date: 08/28/16 21:32
Re: Disruptions
Author: DavidJustinLynch

NO ONE has a right to disrupt passenger trains for any reason, particularly, political protests. Call law enforcement to remove the protestors and let the train proceed. To bus the passengers lets the protestors win something they have no right to win.

Date: 08/29/16 04:06
Author: navy5717th

Just what micro-aggression was being protested? 

Thanks,

Fritz in HSV, AL

Date: 08/29/16 04:56
Author: PennPlat

Google rail protest in Seattle and you will see  a number of incidents in recent months, don't know about the one yesterday. It all seems to be about oil shipment by rail through Seattle and aimed at BNSF.

Date: 08/29/16 08:13
Author: cchan006

PennPlat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Google rail protest in Seattle and you will see 
> a number of incidents in recent months, don't know
> about the one yesterday. It all seems to be about
> oil shipment by rail through Seattle and aimed at
> BNSF.

It was talked about on the Western Board yesterday. Thread got locked due to emotional responses.

Google failed on giving them coverage, but that should be expected. They announced algorithmic changes to their search engine recently, on giving out priority. So now, it's tougher to perform digital manipulations to try to get "lots of hits" and have your cause go to top of Google's hits. Looks like that protesters have to pay up to Google, or change their tactics to get attention.

I have other search strategies to get information like this, but again, it failed, because mass media refused to mention the incident on the front page. 

Date: 08/29/16 09:58
Author: ldstephey

Protesters who shut down trains in Bellingham arrested

http://komonews.com/news/local/protesters-who-shut-down-trains-in-bellingham-arrested

Date: 08/29/16 11:28

ldstephey Wrote:
> Protesters who shut down trains in Bellingham
> arrested
>
>
> http://komonews.com/news/local/protesters-who-shut
> -down-trains-in-bellingham-arrested

Thanks for the link.

"We applaud activists taking direct action where the legal framework has failed to stop the dangerous train derailments and go a step further to suggest that even if trains never derailed, we oppose fossil fuel extraction on the basis of stopping climate change. 

I think I mentioned before about the political season, especially regarding the Spokane City Council blunder several weeks ago. I think the theory I mentioned over there can be backed up with words straight from the horse's mouth above. TO members are supposed to be smarter this year, so you're not supposed to blindly take sides anymore and waste time discussing the obvious, right? 

Well, at least these trolls are better than some trolls here on TO, who are too wimpy and lazy to leave the keyboard to "Fight for what you hate." :-)

Date: 08/29/16 12:12
Author: DavidJustinLynch

Why did it take 11 hours to arrest 5 protestors? Yank them off the tracks, cuff them, and take them to jail. There's no reason to negotiate with them or allow them to tell their stupid little stories. They can make their point in non-disruptive ways withing the political system or in the media.

Date: 08/29/16 12:29
Author: mbutte

The_Chief_Way Wrote:
>...several Empire Service trains were
> down 3 hours or more. Sorry, no info on them.

CSX Signal Suspensions between Rochester & Buffalo on Sunday!

Venerable NYC-era four track wide eastbound signal bridge at CP 431 just east of the Depew Station is ready to be decommissioned soon. New tower in place with heads turned

Date: 08/29/16 12:56
Author: Lackawanna484

What makes you think TO Members are expected to be smarter this year?

I don't feel any smarter...

Posted from Android

Date: 08/29/16 13:36
Author: P

cchan006 Wrote:
> ldstephey Wrote:
> ------------------------
>
> "We applaud activists taking direct action where
> the legal framework has failed to stop the
> dangerous train derailments and go a step further
> to suggest that even if trains never derailed, we
> oppose fossil fuel extraction on the basis of
> stopping climate change. 
>

LOL, What a bunch of arrogant, blowhard idiots.  Stopping climate change????   Well, no one has been able to control Mother Nature / Mother Earth since the beginning of time - I suppose these people can do it by stopping some freight trains  Thank goodness the climate has changed, otherwise, my house would be under a mile of ice. 

Date: 08/29/16 15:45

P Wrote:
> I suppose these
> people can do it by stopping some freight
> trains  Thank goodness the climate has changed,
> otherwise, my house would be under a mile of ice.

Good example of "indoctrination" or the more popular term, brainwashing. As long as TO members look at themselves in the mirror once in a while to make sure any ideas they agree with weren't a result of indoctrination, I think TO members are being "smarter."  Remember, taking sides blindly = bad.

Farmers in the Midwest (Iowa and Nebraska at least, where I visited few years ago) are experiencing impact from climate "change" so they've been adjusting their farming habits with water supply (rain). More dramatic example is the Japanese preventing a "sinking" of a tiny island in the South Pacific from rising sea levels, to protect generations-old terriotorial agreements and fishing territory. On the other hand, many of us have the luxury to simply rant about the climate in the comfort of our La-Z-Boy.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0736 seconds