Home Open Account Help 402 users online

Passenger Trains > Chicago Union Station New Lounge Access

Date: 08/29/16 10:06
Chicago Union Station New Lounge Access
Author: andersonb109

Contrary to what was reported here earlier, PV passengers departing Chicago's Union Station can access the new Metropolitan Lounge located in the Great Hall. I just received my pass allowing access today from the PV owners I will be traveling with to Denver to join this year's AAPRCO special train. It was hard to believe Amtrak would ban PV passengers from the lounge, given the huge sums paid by the car owners and passed on to passengers to travel behind scheduled Amtrak trains.

Date: 08/29/16 10:31
Re: Chicago Union Station New Lounge Access
Author: jmonier

The master contract between Amtrak and PV owners/operators has always SPECIFICALLY included access to the Metropolitan Lounges and there has been no change.  (This info comes directly from an active PV owner.) 

That, of course, does not mean that the info gets to the Metropolitan Lounge attendants or that they pay attention to it if it does.  So, if an attendant denies access, he/she is doing it just because he/she (or local management) thinks it should be that way, not because of any change in Amtrak policy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/16 10:35 by jmonier.

Date: 08/29/16 16:26
Re: Chicago Union Station New Lounge Access
Author: Jimbo

As reported on an earlier thread, we had easy access to the Chicago Metropolitan Lounge on July 28 while traveling by private car.  There was no hesitation from the staff when we showed them our travel schedule.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,4090398,4090606#msg-4090606

Jim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/16 16:30 by Jimbo.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds